• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suggestions for a Tikka t3x aftermarket hunting stock?

AthlonOpticsGuy

Private
Banned !
Minuteman
Feb 13, 2017
Hello Horde,

Looking for recommendations for a stock that has an adjustable cheek piece and length of pull. Would like something fairly light weight as it’s going on a light weight mountain rifle

thanks
AOG

I have one of these in carbon fiber My tikka with scope weighs right around 8.5 pounds with a proof barrel. It also has a dbm that uses factory style mags. But I am lucky it fit perfect with out the adj length of pull and check piece. I would check out if those are necessary because they just add unnecessary weight.

Grayboe, Manners, McMillan all have options to fit the bill. Really depends on what options you are looking for, personal preference, and your budget.

Manners EH1. They’ll add a lightweight adj cheek rest to it for you.
Last I called they won’t make the eh1 for a tikka anymore. Would be the easy choice otherwise

Iv got a tikka in a mcmillan adjustable game scout. Really happy with how it turned out, would t hesitate to grab another mcmillan in a tikka inlet.
Iv got a build going that’s getting an AG composites alpine hunter, supposed to be very similar to the eh1.

Last I called they won’t make the eh1 for a tikka anymore. Would be the easy choice otherwise

Iv got a tikka in a mcmillan adjustable game scout. Really happy with how it turned out, would t hesitate to grab another mcmillan in a tikka inlet.
Iv got a build going that’s getting an AG composites alpine hunter, supposed to be very similar to the eh1.

you can order a flattop and have LRI inlet it for a Tikka. LRI probably hasa flattop EH1 in stock and could make one faster than manners could make you one.

Mesa altitude is as quality as any of the others and light. I have one on my t3x superlite and then only thing I wish about it that my McMillan had is flush cups. Solid stock

Just saw a video on GRS carbon fiber stocks on YouTube. They looked pretty dolid.
I bought their Bi-Frost model since it comes in LH models. I think it is just as accurate as my original Tac A1 chassis but several pounds lighter.

Mesa altitude is as quality as any of the others and light. I have one on my t3x superlite and then only thing I wish about it that my McMillan had is flush cups. Solid stock

I talked to Mesa Precision at the Western Hunting Expo and they told me they will add flush cups if you request them.

I talked to Mesa Precision at the Western Hunting Expo and they told me they will add flush cups if you request them.
Yeah I was debating installing them myself, but will see how the kifaru gunbearer on my pack works out. Stock is light and stiff. No flex that I can see. Super excited to take it to Montana this fall.

So, what caliber are we talking? I know Tikka uses the same magazine well for all their rifles, but not all manufacturers make chassis for long action rounds.

The xlr element is available in la or sa. The la uses an mdt magazine with 3.47" internal length.
Yeah, I goofed. I just realized the OP didn't specify that it was a Tikka. On that note, KRG does not offer a LA Tikka option which is one I saw mentioned above.

I’ve got a Manners EHT-A with adjustable cheek sitting in my Gun room, looks exactly like the Camo one at the bottom of this page Except mine has flush cups. It does not have adjustable LOP though.

Another vote for a McMillan adjustable Game Scout. I use one for a Tikka Tx3 CTR .260 with a 4.5-18 Bushnell LRHS. Very satisfied.