• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Suggestions for chest Holster with retention for Glock 17/19

TangoSierra916

God, Family, Country
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Oct 11, 2017
    Midwest USA
    Hey everyone,

Did a search but sorry if I missed it. I'm looking for some advice on a holster with 3-4 straps that can hold a glock 17/19 with maybe an extra mag. Looking for something to hold the glock to the front and flat versus and under arm holster.

A design similar to the picture seems nice, but maybe one with some form of retention. Any advice would be helpful, thanks!

Attachments

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      75.6 KB · Views: 68
    Hill people gear make a concealed chest rig.
    I’ve played with all kinds of chest rigs, and the hill people gear with a kydex trigger cover is the way to go, imo. Very secure, reasonably quick and you can carry a little extra stuff if you want to.

I'm going through the same search too since winter is back. I don't necessarily require quick draw so the Hill People Gear Kit Bag seems like a good choice while keeping my handgun accessible. In comparison of having the handgun under my couple layers of winter clothing on a belt holster. Tried a mid-thigh holster, but then that makes sitting in a campchair uncomfortable.

Plus the Hill People Gear Kit Bag can serve multipurpose in carrying other gear (flashlight, knife, etc) instead of just a single handgun. Getting to my pants pocket is difficult under a zipped up winter jacket.

Razco gear makes some chest rigs. I've been eyeing the one they make that goes with a bino harness.

Blackhawk Serpa 2. It has the button you press to release the pistol but not the locking thumbstrap which would get in the way on a chest rig. The button goes right where your finger goes on the draw, so it's instinctive. They're well made and come with all sorts of different shit to attach it to all sorts of different gear. They make mag carriers too but I used Tactical Tailor shit for that unless I wear it on my belt OWB, then I use the plastic Blackhawk mag carriers.

I have a couple vests laying around and that's what they have on 'em. If you have a good surplus store that sells infantry gear you can usually find 'em for cheap in one of the discount boxes. It's about the best way that I've found so far but then it's been a long time since I looked so I don't know. I'd be surprised if someone did better though, especially for the cost. They just work.