• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suggestions for dual mounting NL Pure 12x and BTX 95

Rio Precision Gunworks

Supporter
Supporter
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 13, 2023
Texas
Prior to owning a BTX, I only used straight eyepiece spotters. So it was pretty easy to get binos and spotter on the same plane where I can just move my head back and forth. Now we have a BTX 95 and it's going to be getting a ton of use. But also want the FoV of the 12x NL Pure.

Plan is when being used for dynamic spotting (multiple movements in short amount of time) is have the 12x co-witness (have ball heads and also some APO rail grabbers) with the BTX. Use the binos during the movement and locating target/s. Then use the BTX when needed after. The only issue seems to be getting the two aligned so it's not a chore to move from one to the other.

Is anyone running a similar setup with either a BTX or angled spotter (not with the spotter mounted on its side as I can't do that with the BTX)? How did/are you getting them both on the same plane? Are you using a bar/rail and hanging the BTX under the rail and the binos on top? Or some other method?

Thanks

RPG I run this setup but with NL 10x and a BTX 85mm simultaneously on a MUB plate, and a UTA with a Siuri TY70 plate to add height to the binos to match the eye level with the BTXs. I will try to get pictures uploaded tomorrow. Here is the same setup with my old Razor HD bino/spotter setup.

I find this setup perfect for prolonged glassing sessions while scouting or hunting as the NL Pure & BTX combo are unbeatable. The Razor spotter is a solid scope, but now it just gets used at the range.

Attachments

• IMG_1760.jpeg
    IMG_1760.jpeg
    474 KB · Views: 33
RPG I run this setup but with NL 10x and a BTX 85mm simultaneously on a MUB plate, and a UTA with a Siuri TY70 plate to add height to the binos to match the eye level with the BTXs. I will try to get pictures uploaded tomorrow. Here is the same setup with my old Razor HD bino/spotter setup.

I find this setup perfect for prolonged glassing sessions while scouting or hunting as the NL Pure & BTX combo are unbeatable. The Razor spotter is a solid scope, but now it just gets used at the range.

Thanks. I'm currently working on making a "frame" out of 4 rrs cinema rails. The 7" rails. With 90deg arca clamps.

The BTX "inside" the frame with a clamp on the bottom rail. And a clamp on the top rail that sits just above the btw tube. Can change out NL Pure or Vector 21. The idea being all I have to do is just lift my head from the BTX eyepiece and look straight through binos. The top cross bar cinema rail would have the ability to slide down very low to the top of the BTX.

Not sure it will work, but should be fairly compact and sturdy.

Hmmm…so you want the BTX to be level. I mean, of course you do, but that sure throws a wrench in things. I think your frame idea has legs.

I have a regular angled spotter that I co-witness with 15x Leica LRF binos, but it’s rotated in its mount as the setup is for video through the spotter. The red outline on the pic shows how my phone would mount as I was using my phone for the pic.

One barely has to move your head to either look through the binos or look at the iPhone connected to the spotter.

4F9A7DBC-5BA8-42A6-A7AF-C570012482EB.jpeg

The two thick disks I used to raise the binos are from Wimberley. I would imagine you’d need a ton of those to get your binos high enough and then it’d get unstable.

I bet BH has some cinema gear that would accomplish your frame idea. They make matte boxes and cages and all sorts of weird/cool stuff for movie cameras.