• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suggestions for next gun purchase?

EMorr

I need a nap
Minuteman
Hello all,

So here is the deal, tax season is just around the corner and I typically start the year new year out with a new purchase around this time, here is the rub, this year I don't know what to get. Okay that is not entirely true, I have an idea but I want to get some different opinions. Budget is not unlimited, probably a max of $2500 give or take a little. I will list a few of the guns I already have below, just to keep in mind I'm looking for ideas not on this list.

1911's
Glock 23 & 40
H&K USP & 45c
S&W M&P9 & 460XVR
Ruger LCR & 10/22's & 22/45
Remington 700's & 870
Mossberg 590
AR15's in a lot of different calibers
AR10
Walther P99
FNH FNX45
and a few other weird ones not worth listing.

So what are your thoughts? What would you buy as a way to start the new year on the right foot?

Ammo and training.

NODS. Maybe a tad over budget......

Quality gear to get out and use them in crap weather.

classic revolvers - old smiths, SAA
Cowboy action setup - revolver and lever gun.
Custom rifle
AI rifle - mk I, II, or III

Reactions: DarnYankeeUSMC
Gear. I'm always looking for a new gun. But looking at what is going on in VA, I don't have stuff to carry my shit in. Chest rigs battle belts holsters slings mags and what not. I would be remiss in my duties to not mention buy more ammo!

Reactions: armorpl8chikn
you could get me my shilo sharps 45 110 that would be so very nice of you or a barrett 50 cal I do not have either of them yet , but they look so very fun to have lol . do you like old guns or more a newer gun type of guy . and older cowboy revolver is always nice to own or a yellow boy a psg 1 would be good or a svd or psl what ever you get good luck and have fun . just on a side note I also love 1911's and a union switch & signal 1911 would never be turned down .

Some type of precision rifle. Money spending is real easy after that . I know I have a lot nice hand guns, shot guns, AR 's ect. that just kinda sit there since I started shooting long range.

-A nice PCC, maybe in pistol config.

-A nice lever gun. I like those all weather jobs. 45/70 or 30/30 etc...

-A vintage bolt action...lots of choices here.

-A precision rile in a nice chassis. RPR or something.

I Like the gear idea...chest rigs etc. If you dont already have some of that stuff.

I’d add something precision/long range. Match 22, semi custom bolt action, or PCC for range giggles.

Something that is a lever action. 30-30, 45-70.....just to keep it real.

I really enjoy my 1885 high wall in .45-70. For small groups it's tough to beat a 6mmPPC.

PSA AKV, just plain fun. Hard to beat for the $$, and vary reliable.

You have handguns covered.
Pick up a used AI (a MK2/3 or an AT), you won't bother with other bolt actions after that. Find one sub.308, a joy to shoot. Wish I learned this lesson decades ago.

You can't go wrong with a USP any flavor or style.

you could get me my shilo sharps 45 110 that would be so very nice of you or a barrett 50 cal I do not have either of them yet , but they look so very fun to have lol . do you like old guns or more a newer gun type of guy . and older cowboy revolver is always nice to own or a yellow boy a psg 1 would be good or a svd or psl what ever you get good luck and have fun . just on a side note I also love 1911's and a union switch & signal 1911 would never be turned down .

Ive had the Barrett 50 and while it looks like and is fun, the places you can shoot it are limited. Most ranges wont allow them because they tear shit up really badly. We were shoooting into my buddys hill side through a wooded area and when we went ot look it looked like a war zone. Trees cut in half...just what you'd expect. Ammo, other than mil surplus ($2-2.50 per round) is as higha s $7.00 per round for the Amax stuff. So if you pull the trigger 20 times thats a buck forty.

Reactions: wh20crazy
1578429870123.png

• Love
Reactions: OldSalty

A quality trap door rifle. Reproductions are nice, but for $2,500 I’d be looking for a high grade original.

glock 40 in 10mm, becoming my favorite pistol over the last year or so ive had it

also got back into 22lr with a vudoo, wasnt sure if i was going to like it like when i was young
soooo much fun to shoot and accurate as a center fire at 100

KYL racks, eggs, paintballs..skys the limit

Hello all,

So here is the deal, tax season is just around the corner and I typically start the year new year out with a new purchase around this time, here is the rub, this year I don't know what to get. Okay that is not entirely true, I have an idea but I want to get some different opinions. Budget is not unlimited, probably a max of $2500 give or take a little. I will list a few of the guns I already have below, just to keep in mind I'm looking for ideas not on this list.

1911's
Glock 23 & 40
H&K USP & 45c
S&W M&P9 & 460XVR
Ruger LCR & 10/22's & 22/45
Remington 700's & 870
Mossberg 590
AR15's in a lot of different calibers
AR10
Walther P99
FNH FNX45
and a few other weird ones not worth listing.

So what are your thoughts? What would you buy as a way to start the new year on the right foot?

Attachments

• 665FF673-7ADE-4DEE-A73B-2C2BBEB1AF1C.jpeg
    665FF673-7ADE-4DEE-A73B-2C2BBEB1AF1C.jpeg
    77.5 KB · Views: 30
Functioning scaled down Dora 80cm railway gun. Launching tallboy cans, for example.

OP, a quick question though.

Why do you let uncle sam hold onto your money interest free?

Change you deductions get it as close to zero as possible and stash the extra funds per month in an IRA or other savings method that accrues interest!

Ammo and training.

NODS. Maybe a tad over budget......

Quality gear to get out and use them in crap weather.

classic revolvers - old smiths, SAA
Cowboy action setup - revolver and lever gun.
Custom rifle
AI rifle - mk I, II, or III

This is a good problem to have. Recommend either getting one set up for your wife, kids, grandkids. If that base is covered then

Training.

Take a week - or two - off work and pay for some training from a reputable organization. STRONGLY consider first aid / trauma medicine class, and basic field craft class, too. The odds that you'll have to use this over other training are very good.

Any weapons that aren't complete - sling, holster, etc. Make sure you have that base covered before you put another one in the safe.

God bless America

Or an M1A, but my next purchase will be a 2020 Colt Python at $1499.00.

I already have two of those. Bought them in 1983 for less than $400 each...

I owned an M1A SM but not a big fan.

A well made AR10 like my KAC ECC or Larue tOBR will eat it alive

Last edited:
Reactions: siscoe308
If an 870 is the only shotgun you have, a really nice Auto 20ga

With a $2500 budget, get two guns. An ak47 with 2K rounds and an ar platform with 2K rounds.

Yes, Ive had both as well and the AR is more accurate but the M1A has it by miles in the 'Coolness' factor category. Expecially a true M1A Scout.

Reactions: wh20crazy
Ive had the Barrett 50 and while it looks like and is fun, the places you can shoot it are limited. Most ranges wont allow them because they tear shit up really badly. We were shoooting into my buddys hill side through a wooded area and when we went ot look it looked like a war zone. Trees cut in half...just what you'd expect. Ammo, other than mil surplus ($2-2.50 per round) is as higha s $7.00 per round for the Amax stuff. So if you pull the trigger 20 times thats a buck forty.
Unless you reload!!!

Cheers,

Sirhr

Reactions: clcustom1911

I wish I had bought a Python back in the day when I said to myself "$400 for a revolver... that'll be the day."

So much for being smart.

I will look really closely at the new ones. But somehow I think they won't measure up. One can hope, though!

Cheers,

Sirhr

I will be that guy i guess. Buy ammo, tons of ammo. Shoot a lot and get good with the guns you already have. It looks like you have a great collection already. Unpopular i know, but it is the only thing that will make you a better shooter regardless of what gun you pick up. That is money well spent in my book.

Reactions: powdahound76
I wish I had bought a Python back in the day when I said to myself "$400 for a revolver... that'll be the day."

So much for being smart.

I will look really closely at the new ones. But somehow I think they won't measure up. One can hope, though!

Cheers,

Sirhr

From the reviews Ive read they are actually much better than the originals...one of which I bought new for $275 and like a fool sold.
Better trigger, better sights, stronger frame, the reviewer says. google it.

• Love
Reactions: sirhrmechanic