• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suggestions needed for: Peep Sights for Ruger Precision Rimfire

sasquatch98226

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Dec 6, 2007
Hello everyone,

I have been tasked with helping the junior rifle disicpline at our local club. In speaking with the discipline chairperson, he said he is looking to replace some of the old rifles he has that are getting old, beat up, and can't be repaired any longer as parts are getting hard to find. (Don't ask me what they are, I don't know). He asked me for help since I run the NRL22 matches, and the looked for an opinion on the ruger precision rimfire as a possible replacement as they are fairly inexpensive, and current production. He trains the kids in traditional NRA 4 Position and wants to have iron sights that are adjustable. I could not really find anything that would work very well other than maybe a CZ-457 Jaguar and then remove the rear barrel mount sight, and try to find something that would attach to the receiver dovetail. But research showed it would need to be in front of the bolt making it a scout type rifle. Than got me thinking about a Ruger RPR Rimfire with a picatinny peep rear, and then add an M-lok Pic rail to the end of the handguard and mount a shroud sight up there?

Looking for any other suggestions that might work, other than going out and buying an Anschutz!!! Here are some ideas I had. Thoughts?

Peep Site : Talley Manufacturing
Ghost Ring Sight/UMP Front Sight, Weaver Style Mount – Lapco Paintball
JP - Detachable Sights
NECG Rear Peep Sight Weaver-Style Base Adjustable Steel Blue

Ruger offers a 18” American with peep sights already mounted

That solution offered in the RFC thread seems to be a simple, effective, and inexpensive at that. I don't have a Ruger PR but I see it has a picatinny rail on the receiver. Is it intended to mimic the sight height of the AR platform? I only mention this because the NECG sight might be a little low. I put Lyman Target sights on my AR22 using Lipski bases front and rear. That lines up right about 1.4" above the pic rail.