• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

suggestions needed for rear shooting bags

p5200

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 23, 2008
poplar bluff mo.
I put my Rem. 700 sps AAC-SD .308 in a Bell and Carlson Tactical Medalist A2 style stock and would like to get a better /taller rear bag now. I just have the cheap Caldwell bag right now and was thinking about maybe getting a Protektor brand but, there are so many different ones to choose from I don't know where to start? Also, at this time I just have the Caldwell Rock front rest but would like to at least, get the Rock BR version when I can. Also, I need to get the wide version Caldwell bag for the rest as I only have the medium size right now. Any suggestions on which Protektor bag that would go good with this stock or, even other brands would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
smile.gif

Re: suggestions needed for rear shooting bags

I have the Triad Large Wedgie bag. I'm currently using it with a McMillan A4. Coming from a cheap bag, the Triad is so much better. I currently shoot from a bench and the Triad bag has greatly improved my accuracy.

I'm using a TAB bag right now. It's so much better than the stiff, rabbit ear type I was using before. I also carry a sock filled with beans as a backup, which also works well. I shoot prone, though, so maybe the requirements are different for whatever it is that you're doing.

My favorite feeling bag is an old denim pant leg, filled with millet (a cheap grain available in bulk at the grocery store).

I used a bullsbag on my bolt gun, didn't need a rear bag as it held it quite nicely.

I just got one of these and it is one of my new favorites.

IMG_1728.jpg

Super light for it's size and can be run at 3 different heights. They don't seem over filled either.

<span style="font-family: 'Arial Black'"><span style="color: #990000">STR8 Laced rear bag <Link</span></span>

IMG_1731.jpg

IMG_1723.jpg

IMG_1733.jpg

The guy I got my STR8 bag from recently got one of these that he likes. It's called the Tactical Smooshie

255.jpg

<span style="font-family: 'Arial Black'">Tactical Smooshie <Link</span>

It is about identical to the STR8, just slightly larger.

Red Tac, Triad and Tab all have nice bags too. I definitely like having a large bag and a few smaller ones like the

Red Tac

B.B.jpg

Half pint
IMG_1345_WM.jpg

and

TAB
tab_rear_support_small.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is the for the bench or in the dirt? </div></div> I use a Caldwell Stable Table shooting bench sorry, I should have mentioned that.
blush.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cacciatore</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have the Triad Large Wedgie bag. I'm currently using it with a McMillan A4. Coming from a cheap bag, the Triad is so much better. I currently shoot from a bench and the Triad bag has greatly improved my accuracy. </div></div>

Yep, this or a TAB Gear rear bag. I shoot a TAB rear bag and really like it. Can't go wrong with either, Triad sells both (I think) and they're a local company so I have to put a plug in for um!