• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

suggestions on 22lr build

villhelm

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 11, 2010
oregon
Was considering doing a 22lr build due to the fact that shooting centerfire rifles is becomeing to expensive and finding places to shoot them is also becomeing rare i would like to keep the price of the gun under 1000$ and i already have a bushnell 6-24x50 4200 elite i plan to use that i got for a really good price from a friend any suggestions and links to parts/rifles would be cool, thanks!

Re: suggestions on 22lr build

Assuming you want a repeater??? Try to find a used Anschutz or older Savage/Anschutz.That's my #1 pick.Or buy a used CZ and have it rebarreled with a match grade blank if it doesn't shoot good.Cooper makes a great 22 and so does Kimber.

I will just put this out as another option. If you can find one it will be cheap. Norinco JW-15 .22 bolt repeater. It actually uses metal magazines and can take the CZ 452 mags as well. It can be rebarreled and the factory trigger can be worked to be very nice.

Anschutz - Because its the best.

Watch for the single shot target models... Prone stock... 2oz trigger... I think I am getting a woody.

Be patient, they are around.

Buy yourself an older model Anschutz 54 match, or a 40X, as these will only increase in value.
And doubt a so called build will out shoot em.