• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Suggestions on 6.5 CM suppressor ???

rcnut

Private
Minuteman
Mar 11, 2009
I have a 6.5 CM 18" BSF barreled rifle and was wondering what suppressor I should be looking at for Deer hunting.. this will be my 1st and only suppressed rifle. I have decided on a thread on not a quick on/off. looking forward to your suggestions.
thank you

Ultra 7 on a 18.5 makes a great combo. I just got my stamp back for my Ultra 7 a few months ago and I'm loving it. Running it on a 18.5 " barreled Barrett Fieldcraft keeps the overall package still manageable in the woods. I was using a Ultra 9 30 Caliber before. To my ears the 6.5 Ultra 7 is just as quiet on the 6.5s, and shorter length is nice.

If this is going to be your only can, you may want to think about a 30 Caliber Ultra 7. I can almost promise you that once you suppress one rifle, you will want to do it to every rifle you own and having the flexibility is good for future use.

TBAC Ultra 7 in 30 cal for more diversity or 6.5 for dedicated. TBAC Ultra’s are fantastic cans. Very light weight, very minimal poi shift, and just flat out sexy looking.

Reactions: woogie_man
I recently purchased a Bergara Ridge Rifle SP 6.5 with a 18” barrel and my 6.5 Ultra 7 sounds pretty good on it. I’d go with the TBAC.

Match caliber if you can (not end caps, baffle stacks). If you own 2 rifles, you probably own 2 scopes & 2 bipods. Suppressors are no different - buy a specific suppressor for a specific rifle.

My ultra 7 paperwork was submitted mid February and my dead air mask hd first week of March. Got both stamps on June 12th. So you might not have to wait too long.

Reactions: Secant
He said his use case is hunting. Why not the Ultra 5? The group is fully insync on the 7.

I’d run the 5 on a gas gun to keep back pressure down. Hunting use is a nebulous term...are we talking a blind or a tree stand over a beanfield, thick brush in a swamp, a ground blind in a stand of aspen, leaning out of a helicopter in texas to eradicate hogs, climbing mountains and shooting bighorns from a bluff in the rockies?

Reactions: deersniper
My ultra 7 paperwork was submitted mid February and my dead air mask hd first week of March. Got both stamps on June 12th. So you might not have to wait too long.
One could only hope. Last purchase was 5/6, check cashed today. 🙄

The Ultra 7 is the compromise between the 5 (very compact) and the 9 (less decibels). The Ultra 7 would serve you well. I have the Ultra 9. Very high quality can

I have TBAC Ultra 7’s in .30 and .223 and an Ultra 5 6.5
The 7’s are of course quieter and great on the range, but I really like hunting with the 5 on my 22”Bergara HMR 6.5cm - it’s quiet enough for a shot or two, super light and compact. I’ve got about 5 other brands of suppressors which are all nice but IMO none rival the quality and workmanship of the TBAC’s.

I also like Michelob’s version of the Ultra. Just sayin’...

Last edited:
Zak what are your thoughts on running a 338 SR on a 6.5 CM? Just curious for a guy who’s maybe looking to have a quiet can for a big bore but have the versatility to throw it on 6.5? This is of course assuming the weight does not matter compared to the ultra series cans. Thanks in advance!

Certainly. I have gotten to see the 338 SR run on a 300 PRC and it was quieter than a surefire SPS on a 5.56 gas gun. It isn’t apples to apples comparing the bolt gun to gas gun but I couldn’t believe how quiet it was. Been stuck on wanting one ever since, and I am looking to be building a 6.5 soon. Are the 1 year lead times expected to narrow down anytime soon or are things still as uncertain as this Covid crap?

Our production queue length in time should be decreasing due to increases in technology, machinery, and staffing. I posted in another thread that compared to 2-3 months ago our production rate was already up about 40%. We've had quite a lot of delays due to COVID this year; things like CNC tech reps not being allowed to travel leading to machine turn-on delays, things of that nature. Right now staffing is a little bit weird due to COVID-- I think we would probably have another shift online if not for its complicating factors.

The vast majority of our orders are dealer orders. Most dealers do not "pre sell" all the cans they have on order. I'd estimate that easily more than half the cans we ship, the dealer has not pre-sold or pre-allocated. We give visibility into the length, in time, of our production queue, but this only applies to new orders direct from us. There are tons of cans going out every day to distributors and dealers, and it's going to be most efficient to get a can from them. Think about the difference between ordering a new car or truck (IE 8-13 weeks) vs. finding one that you want already at a dealer.

Also, for any of our products, if you need something and really can't find it at a dealer anywhere, first call us and we might be able to point you to a dealer that has one. Next, if there really isn't one sitting somewhere: get on our backorder list. If we have even slightly more demand than supply of an item, checking back every few weeks to see if it's back in stock is probably not going to get you what you need, since in the interim we've been filling existing (mostly dealer) orders.

Hope this helps

Nothing against TBAC, don't own one yet, but my silencerco HYBRID, with Hanson Brother titanium caps on both ends,(6.5 diameter on exit end) is super quiet, light, and you can also change exit caps back to 30 cal, or 46 cal if you want.

Reactions: HansohnBrothers
Our production queue length in time should be decreasing due to increases in technology, machinery, and staffing. I posted in another thread that compared to 2-3 months ago our production rate was already up about 40%. We've had quite a lot of delays due to COVID this year; things like CNC tech reps not being allowed to travel leading to machine turn-on delays, things of that nature. Right now staffing is a little bit weird due to COVID-- I think we would probably have another shift online if not for its complicating factors.

The vast majority of our orders are dealer orders. Most dealers do not "pre sell" all the cans they have on order. I'd estimate that easily more than half the cans we ship, the dealer has not pre-sold or pre-allocated. We give visibility into the length, in time, of our production queue, but this only applies to new orders direct from us. There are tons of cans going out every day to distributors and dealers, and it's going to be most efficient to get a can from them. Think about the difference between ordering a new car or truck (IE 8-13 weeks) vs. finding one that you want already at a dealer.

Also, for any of our products, if you need something and really can't find it at a dealer anywhere, first call us and we might be able to point you to a dealer that has one. Next, if there really isn't one sitting somewhere: get on our backorder list. If we have even slightly more demand than supply of an item, checking back every few weeks to see if it's back in stock is probably not going to get you what you need, since in the interim we've been filling existing (mostly dealer) orders.

Hope this helps

Wow, great! That was very helpful my Zak! Appreciate the info!

Nothing against TBAC, don't own one yet, but my silencerco HYBRID, with Hanson Brother titanium caps on both ends,(6.5 diameter on exit end) is super quiet, light, and you can also change exit caps back to 30 cal, or 46 cal if you want.

The Hybrid definitely works and is fine without ear pro and is very versatile. That said, next to my Ultra 9 it definitely looses out on tone and volume. A close friend of mine has one, and once you take a few steps back (like behind a spotting scope) its harder to tell the difference. Still, buy once cry once - buy a TBAC.

Reactions: WyCoShooter
I use a sico omega 30 with a flat end cap on all my hunting rifles with the area 419 adapter. It’s very light, only 6” with the flat end cap and suppresses my 6.5cm well. Has a direct thread adapter, QD adapter and you can run deadairs QD setup since sicos sucks. It’s a great all around can. Certainly can’t go wrong with TBAC either

Reactions: nikonNUT
I've been using my Hybrid 46 on my 6.5CM and have been pleased with the performance. There is a Hansohn 6.5 front cap in my future but for now I use the 9mm Bravo cap (works on the .338LM too) and it is both a joy to shoot and hearing safe.

If this is going to be your only can, you may want to think about a 30 Caliber Ultra 7. I can almost promise you that once you suppress one rifle, you will want to do it to every rifle you own and having the flexibility is good for future use.

#beentheredonethat

i bought the Ultra7 6.5 first and then got the Ultra7 30 about a year later....

Only 1 issue I had was a 10-12 month back order on them now. I ended up buying a Dead Air Nomad .

30 cal Ultra-7 have a 0-day wait time

6.5 Ultra-7 also have a 0-day wait time.

I also thought I would only have one can....I’m now 6 cans and 2 SBRs in to the game.....average one a year...lol.
johns guns integral .22
SWR Spectre
AAC SDN-6
AAC Cyclone
TBAC 30p-1 (just re-cored to ultra9)
Ultra 9
next on the list is the dominus

I agree with the above posters that said 30 cal is the way to go. I have a Ultra 9 and my buddy has the U6.5
we fired them side by side with same ammo (hornady 6.5 creedmoor) and Same length barrels and to our ears the Tone was great on both and suppression difference was discernible but, in our opinion, not to the point that the U6.5 outweighs the flexibility you get with the U9....300 BO subs are crazy quiet with it out of my TC encore SBR.
I have barrels on the shorter side (18-22”) and prefer more suppression over a shorter can...especially since the ultra series are so light.
best of luck with your purchase....lots of good cans out there to choose from.

Took the TBAC Ultra 9 - 6.5 out for the 1st time this afternoon after picking it up from ATF jail. I’m very pleased with its performance.

Attachments

• 93137217-7B7C-41CA-A9A7-A53EF55A2FF7.jpeg
    93137217-7B7C-41CA-A9A7-A53EF55A2FF7.jpeg
    828.3 KB · Views: 74
If you want ones ASAP, then Ultra 7. If you are okay with waiting a bit, I'd try the new Dominus. Or the best plan, order both. I have 2 ultra 7s that i run on most of my hunting rigs. Just got in queue for 2 Dominus and plan to transition my ultra 7s over mainly to use on my ARs and use the Dominus for hunting and matches (along with my ultra 338).

Reactions: deersniper
My Ultra 7 has exceeded my expectations. Before my Ultra 7, I only had experience with Surefire suppressors. The TBAC cans really are worthy of all the praise they get. I’m waiting for an Ultra 9 to be in stock so I can add to my TBAC collection.

I got an Ultra 7 in .30 cal because I knew it would also work for my 6.5's until I bought another 6.5 can. After using it on both, I see no reason to buy a dedicated 6.5. The Ultra 7 is about a perfect balance between size and suppression - at least for my uses.