• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Suggestions on Brass 300 win mag.

Warbone

Private
Minuteman
Oct 2, 2011
Recently purchased and new rifle remington 700, 300 win mag 26" bull barrel.
Ive to 220g smk, imr 7828 powder, 215m primers and die's.
Im Just lacking brass, cant find any at local guns shops or online.
Was thinking about buying some cheap ammo like winchester super x, cheap hornady ammo, pr cheap remington ammo 1 or 2 boxes too get me started.
Which of those would you all suggest.
Would just be until some new brass comes instock somewhere.

Warbone,

FGMM if you can find that. Win, then Rem or Horn.

HTH,
DocB

Warbone,

Both of my Rem 700's (.308 and .300WM) took about 40 rounds to finally settle in and group. Back then I shot FGMM right out of the chute. Looking back on it now if I were in your shoes, I would purchase 2 boxes of Winchester ammo (brass not nickle plated) and reload the brass. You may even get lucky like I did and find that regular Win. Power Points grouped good enough for hunting distances.

Bill

looks like i can get some winchester power x ammo for about 25$ a box will buy 2 and use that brass to reload for now. Cheapest fed is about 40$ a box. thanks for the imput guys