• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suggestions on QD Sling Mounts & Troy Alpha Rail

BigPoppaHugeTime

Private
Minuteman
Mar 2, 2006
USA
A couple of months back, I purchased the Troy 13" Alpha Rail for my carbine. Anyway, installed it, love it, would never part with it. I've pretty much run single point slings, however, I'm starting to lean towards the "traditional" 2-point. I'll probably purchase a Vickers sling for it.

Here's my question. What are my options as far as QD mounts (mainly companies)? Also, where do you guys prefer to mount your front QD mount? I'm thinking about going with IWC's flush mounts. Also, which Vicker's padded sling would be the way to go? I only see 1 listed on their website, but a couple listed on BravoCompany.com.

Picks of your set-up would be greatly appreciated! (Besides, I'm having a hard time deciding between the black or tan sling)

Here is the rifle in question:
DSC03778-1.jpg

Re: Suggestions on QD Sling Mounts & Troy Alpha Rail

The IWC ones are pretty nice but I've seen many people cut down the 4" rail that comes with the gun which also comes with a QD mount. It's free and works well but does add a little more bulk to the rail if you care about that. I mount my QD just before the flip up sight and also use it as a hand stop. Since you have a scope on your gun you might want to mount it behind the objective lens so the sling can't potentially get in the way.

Daniel Defense or Gear Sector would be my first choice. I use both and am completely satisfied with them. I would reccomend getting a socet that limits the rotation so you sling will not tangle as much. I like the slim profile on the Gear Sector a little better. If you run Tango Down covers it is the same profile. I mount my front socket near the rear of the rail by the receiver. Try it at the front and back of the rail to see what is more comfortable to you.

I am running the Noveske mount and it is a great system. I would highly recommend it, plus they are only like $17 compared to some of the other more expensive.

I will try and get a pic posted of my set up here soon for you to see.