• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Suggestions on Vortex reticle ?

BARTMAN

Private
Minuteman
Mar 26, 2011
Muscle Shoals Alabama
Which reticle would be best for long range shooting ? Was leaning to the EBR-2C. But don't know which to go (MOA) or MRAD. I don't know enough about them to know which to choose. I want to buy the right scope and install it on my 270 and learn it ,so when it comes time to upgrade the rifle I will have the rite scope

Get the MRAD with ERB-2B reticle. Used mine on my DTA SRS A1 with 26" 260 barrel and had no problems seeing splashes and hitting 12" square steel plate at 900 yds. Now that have my TBAC BA suppressors could easily shoot all day. Used the scope many times with my 26" 338LM barrel with any issues. Great scope! I think the only upgrade you may want is when the new Razor 4.5-27X hits the scene this summer for $2499. 34mm tube on new only as opposed to the 35mm tube on the 5-20. If you can't find one used, they can be had at Mile High Shooting for $1999 for both scope and 35mm Suphr mount with built in level. Hard to beat that package!

I'm waiting for it too but in MOA, I like and understand MOA and the math isn't that hard for me...

If your starting from scratch it is six one way and half a dozen the other, do not obsess about it.
If your more familiar with one over the other and need to hit the ground running, get that one. On the other hand if you want to increase your understanding of a variety of systems and have the time, get the other.
Easy decision with no wrong way.

Ok , I think I will go with the viper pst 6-24 x50 FFA with the EBR-2 c reticle. MRAD. I chose the MRAD because I have no experience with either so I went with the more international system. So I read. Trying to stay a a grand price point