• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Suggestions?

Inundent

Private
Minuteman
Aug 29, 2023
Kentucky
Hey, new to the forum, I have a Christensen MPR and I am wanting a scope that can kind of do it all, I’ve been leaning towards the Nightforce 2.5-20 but I was wanting some of the more experienced opinions on what scopes to really look for around the $2000 - 2500 range, any suggestions on what to buy or look into? Thanks!

Last edited:
Hey, new to the forum, I have a Christensen MPR and I am wanting a scope that can kind of do it all, I’ve been leaning towards the Nightforce 2.5-20 but I was wanting some of the more experienced opinions on what scopes to really look for around the $2000 - 2500 range, any suggestions on what to buy or look into? Thanks!
Get this setup... Better glass than the NF. Brighter glass than the NF. And the parallax is actually accurate. They're amazing scopes for the price. I have one in the 6-36x56, but that's a bit too much magnification for what you're wanting to do with it.

I have the Zeiss LRP S3 in the 6-36X version on my NRL22 Tikka.
The next scope I buy will be the 4-25X unit.

Reactions: FuhQ
For the $2500 range your in the 4-20 atacr used bracket. Which is an excellent optic. Or for $1800-$2000 the 4-16 is great as well

You just have to ask yourself what a do all optic is. Do you need better field of view and more light at last shooting hours or is the upper end zoom more valuable

I went 4-16 atacr to 4-20 atacr to 5-27 ZCO as my primary optic. Simply because I felt the upper end of the atacr I was using was less lower than I wanted. But initially thought it be handy having 4 on the low end. Just to realize I used the optic above 9 power in every case anyways

If weight is a concern then atacr are a heavy pig compared to some

The Burris XTRIII is a good option as well. They make both the 3-18 and 5.5-30 ranges

The px here is a great place to pick up optics at discounted prices. Otherwise CS tactical and CameralandNY are great go to’s if you want new

• Love
Reactions: CSTactical