• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Summit Lake Game Farm Wisconsin

Gungnir388

Sniperish
Minuteman
  • Nov 14, 2020
    Wisconsin
    Hello,
    I am waiting on a return call from Summit Lake to use the 1000yd range this Saturday. I get off shift at 0630 and will be head straight there once I load up my truck. It is about a 3 hour drive for me. Please let me know if you are interested in joining.

Hello,
    I am waiting on a return call from Summit Lake to use the 1000yd range this Saturday. I get off shift at 0630 and will be head straight there once I load up my truck. It is about a 3 hour drive for me. Please let me know if you are interested in joining.
    Ok, gotta ask, I thought I would be interested in this, but, viewing their website, I could not find anything about a 1k yard range (all about shotguns and birds). It is the one that has the Stoney Lake. Wi. address, correct? Mac:unsure:

Ok, gotta ask, I thought I would be interested in this, but, viewing their website, I could not find anything about a 1k yard range (all about shotguns and birds). It is the one that has the Stoney Lake. Wi. address, correct? Mac:unsure:
    It is next to Summit Lake. They said that the rifle range will be open Saturday at 0900. I plan on getting there around 1000-1030.

It is next to Summit Lake. They said that the rifle range will be open Saturday at 0900. I plan on getting there around 1000-1030.
    Ok, I've been looking for a place to try 1k, because, the only other is down in the Madison area and I heard it was expensive. Sorry I won't be able to make it Sat., prior stuff. But, nice to know there is another option (don't get out much:ROFLMAO:). Hope they update their site, because, with the camping, bar & grille, cabins, might be a place to go. Use to sled up around that area, but, never heard or seen it.
    Thanks for the reply. Mac(y)

Ok, I've been looking for a place to try 1k, because, the only other is down in the Madison area and I heard it was expensive. Sorry I won't be able to make it Sat., prior stuff. But, nice to know there is another option (don't get out much:ROFLMAO:). Hope they update their site, because, with the camping, bar & grille, cabins, might be a place to go. Use to sled up around that area, but, never heard or seen it.
    Thanks for the reply. Mac(y)
    that would be winnequah
    if you know someone you can shoot there once in a while, but i don't know the specifics. it's about $280/annual for a membership and takes around 3 years to become a member

columbus has a range that goes out to 600 and is pretty easy to get into

Reactions: 10ring'r
    The range was awesome and the folks there are great. Spoke with Phillip and he said the range is open all year. Closed for deer season and some occasions but to just call a day or two prior to make sure its open. Great set up and my daughter and I had fun.
    IMG_4371.jpg

IMG_4372.jpg

EDIT: adding the ranges that I got off my range finder and some wind data.
    Target 1 @ 104
    Target 2 @ 203
    Target 3 @ 304
    Target 4 @ 404
    Target 5 @ 504
    Target 6 @ 605
    Target 7 @ 704
    Target 8 @ 806
    Target 9 @ 910
    Target 10 @ 1005

All targets face to the east (pretty much 90 degrees). Targets 1-2 are slightly down hill with 2 being the lowest. Targets 3-10 start climbing back up that ridge you see in the first picture. Wind for the most part was coming from the east right at us with some switches to coming from the south east to the south. My wind hold at 1000yd max was .6mil and that varied to holding the right edge. Everything else I could hold right edge and hit with most just being center to a right favor.
    I was shooting a 308 with 175gr scenar-l, IMR [email protected] and alpha brass virgin. 22" SS bartlein 1:10rt CCI 200

Last edited:
    That's a 2 hr drive for me. I'll meet up if you go again. I didn't know that existed but I would love to check it out.

@atomic41 it is about a 3hr drive for me coming from Antigo. Well worth it. Once we got settled and started shooting it was around noonish. We shot till about 2:45.

Awesome, it looks like a great range. I'm in eastern MN and my regular range is an hour drive for me with 600 yards max. I enjoy it but would like to get some newer shooters exposure to longer range, this place looks perfect and I would gladly give them a donation.

We have Gopher and Rush Lk in MN that are 1k and I do shoot some matches at those. Gopher is 1hr from me but I can't take people because I don't have a membership and Rush LK is an awesome range but it's just too far unless going to shoot a match.

I’ll be calling Summit Lake again this week to see if the range will be open the week after Labor Day.

I took the week off and would like to go up some time mid week.

Anyone else interested?

I have a membership at gopher.

I can take guests if you guys want to shoot sometime.

You have to check the range schedule as they have a lot of events on weekends.

The only down fall with Gopher, is having to move all your gear to go from one distance to another.

It would be pretty bad ass to be able to shoot from 100-1000 all from the same bench.

A ukd range is in the works at some point.

That would address those concerns from what I understand. I could be wrong though.

The ukd will not go to 1000 yards though. I forgot the range that I heard.