• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Suppressors Sunday Range Report FNP 9

Aces&Eights

Private
Minuteman
Apr 14, 2010
Wisconsin
Today was my first time out with my new FNP 9. I was hard pressed to find much useful information prior to buying so I figure I would put a post out here adn do my best.

Today's session was a short one - 100 rds Winchester white box hardball

The Good:

100 clean feeds 100 clean fires - done 5 rounds at a time.

Pistol is very fast, agile and very accurate. Easily one of the fastest firing pistols I have handled. feels nice in the hand and points rather naturally. I had no problem making 3" groups at 15yds and I do expect this to tighten up with repatition as this was my first time with this pistol. Double action trigger feels like 10-12 lbs and smoother than expected for a brand new gun. Single action trigger is very nice and breaks clean. As far as bang for the buck I feel this was a solid pick up - came with 3 16 rd mags, a nice molded case, large/small back strap, and lock. I got mine for $500 out the door.

Felt recoil is comparable to Glock and aside from the safety it handles/feels alot like a USP

The Bad: (most of this will take care of itself through repatition and wear)

Mags will not drop free, even if fully loaded. (a little tlc and some real use will correct this)

it is possible to interfere with the slide release while shooting offhand - this may result in a failure to hold open on you last shot.

I have rather large hands and see it to be possible that in high stress situation the saftey could possibly be bumped to "safe" inadvertantly.

This pistol was desgined as a service pistol and has a rather low sight profile that I assume was meant to reduce snagging. I have no real complaint with this other than shooting with both eyes open is more difficult.

I would buy this pistol again and recommend to anyone that does not have and unfounded hatred towards polymer. I look foraward to <span style="font-weight: bold">really</span> getting to know her in the coming weeks.

Oh.. and if you see my wife, I have had this thing for months