• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sunwayfoto IB-30 sticking

King_beardsly

MMPRL & Low Dollar Precision
Minuteman
  • Jun 12, 2018
    Beast Coast
    Has anyone with the IB-30 from sunwayfoto experienced it essentially sticking in place unless you fully open the clamp and if so what’s your remedy. It’s not a big issue with a rifle mounted up since I’ve got a ton of leverage, but with my spotter setup it’s sorta a pain since I’ve got very little leverage.

Clean it really well and see how that works. If it's still sticking, apply an extremely light application of dry film lubricant.

Clean it really well and see how that works. If it's still sticking, apply an extremely light application of dry film lubricant.
    I’ll have to try that, it was smooth and after one semi dust match it felt a little sticky but took a hard nosedive after sitting a little while.

So I pulled it apart and found some super fine dirt/sand that scratched up the surfaces that ride on the ball, I cleaned out then lubed it. It feels better still a little gritty, but hey it’s an “inexpensive” ball head and it’s been well used

Last edited: