• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos Super Bowl XLR

Re: Super Bowl XLR

These are some cool pics. Must've been a cool view of the game

"He throws deep to the end zone aannnnnndddddd... *Boom*... What the hell just happened to the ball?!" Lol...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: arkansashntr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Was he military or law enforcement? How many snipers were at the superbowl? </div></div>

Going by the data book, looks like indy police.

Good view either way from the crows nest. Whats the protractor look like for there ?

This Looks Like A Fortified Sniper’s Nest At The Super Bowl

Some photos with no backstory are making the rounds, showing what appears to be an Indianapolis police sniper checking out his post in the rafters of Lucas Oil Stadium in the hours or days before the Super Bowl, a post that would be manned when the game began. Yes, we know there's nothing surprising about trained marksmen working the biggest sporting event of the year. We also know it's pretty damn cool to see what the Super Bowl snipers are working with.

It's standard operating procedure to have an invisible law enforcement presence at any high-profile event, let alone one with the attendance and attention the Super Bowl receives. And remember, there are all kinds of politicians and other assorted rich people around. You never know what could happen, though the imagination conjures up increasingly insane and horrifying scenarios, and also the criminally underrated Black Sunday. It's just never a bad idea to have a sniper rifle around.

It's no secret that the Super Bowl is staffed by sharpshooters. "We've got a lot of places for snipers in here," Jerry Jones enthused to CNN about Cowboys Stadium before last year's Super Bowl. In 2009, Ashton Kutcher noticed (and filmed) a pair of them across the street.

We're actively trying to figure out where these photos came from and for what purpose they were taken. They've started to circulate on Facebook, and we found them posted on a 4chan board, though it's impossible to tell where they originated. But the details are right: the IMPD patch, the end zone design, the giant Roman numerals on the glass of Lucas Oil Stadium. So we're labeling them "plausible" and will update when we can trace them back a little further.

Check This Video #2 !

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/A_1ixXlQ_9w&feature=player_embedded"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/A_1ixXlQ_9w&feature=player_embedded" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Don't I recall one of our members posting similar pics a few months back when discussing his "work rifle"? I'm wondering if that's one of our guys...
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: plong</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Don't I recall one of our members posting similar pics a few months back when discussing his "work rifle"? I'm wondering if that's one of our guys...
wink.gif
</div></div>

it is a sh member

I really have to wonder if these are officially released photos or if someone has their ass in a sling at this moment...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: banshee sws</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i too am surprised that these got out -

</div></div>

I think (and according to another website) they were originally intended to model the weapon tripod. It is likely a marketing stunt.

Now that the event is over, there really isn't any tactical or technical significance to these photos.

Anyone with any knowledge of police operations or event security knew there were snipers at the big game. Any organized hostiles would have definitely known to expect snipers.

The only thing I would be worried about is the NFL or Agency getting their dander up about the photos going viral. I really wish they would go away.....but that isn't going to happen. I just hope nobody gets burned over it.

If the peanut vendor makes it up there, I'm submitting a resume.
CW

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LoneWolfUSMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Now that the event is over, there really isn't any tactical or technical significance to these photos.

Anyone with any knowledge of police operations or event security knew there were snipers at the big game. Any organized hostiles would have definitely known to expect snipers.

The only thing I would be worried about is the NFL or Agency getting their dander up about the photos going viral. I really wish they would go away.....but that isn't going to happen. I just hope nobody gets burned over it. </div></div>

Not true. Tactics, equipment and techniques are used repeatedly until they are rendered ineffective by compromise, or advances by the adversary. One op, or event doesn't mean the entire range of equipment and techniques are obsolete.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sumpter Steve</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks for the great pics. I needed a new desktop picture. BTW. Way to go "XLR" and "USO"!!!!!!!!!!! </div></div>

And B&T Industries. That's an Atlas bipod, right?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TXinfidel</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ahh perfect, now tell my spotter to mil Brady. </div></div>

Looks like you already got a basketball guy in your sig pic. Expanding your horizons to new sports I see.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JFComfort</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've recognize that rifle! </div></div>

I love it, of all things we remember the gun. My man....

I dont understand y they are practicing by shooting on the playing field... seems to me that if they ever had to make a shot like this it would be at less of an extreme angle and farther away b/c they'd be aiming into the stands...
i mean shit... if youre going to spend 10k on a rifle rent out a football stadium and practice shooting terrorists atleast make it as realistic as possible

There are (observers) at a lot of events that you may not realize.