• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes super camera at inauguration

Clark

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 4, 2003
WA the everblue state
This you must check out! With these cameras the secret service has a record of everyone who attended.
2009 Inauguration Photo - SUPER HI-DEF
This is absolutely the BEST in 'high definition'..... Really amazing.
Zoom in ('double-click' an area) ....and watch it focus.
Then zoom some more... And wait for focus.
What a surveillance tool this is. !
This picture was taken with a robotic camera and weighs in at 1,474 megapixel. (295 times the standard 5 megapixel camera)
It was a Canon that pulled together over 200 individual shots.
Each zoom in takes a second to focus ...and then you can see some amazing reactions.

http://gigapan.org/viewGigapanFullscreen.php?auth=033ef14483ee899496648c2b4b06233c

You can pull the screen around with left click and zoom in with the roller bar on your mouse.

Then you can play "Where's Obama?"

Is that sniper proof glass?

Re: super camera at inauguration

i have been playing with that on another site for a while. we made a game out of finding all the sleeping people. you can tell in some places where the pics were spliced, but other than that, its pretty cool.

Those people back by the Washington monument were not going to see much, even it they brought a spotting scope.

Many look cold.

I saw one guy on his cell phone, another texting and a 3rd checking his watch....all in the same frame. Must have not been moved by the speech.

That is wild.

Here's a max zoom screenie

dfgdfgbd5.jpg

Jack

Great, what platform can I mount it on.
I would like to see the camera itself.

its not a magic camera. its just a canon g10 (a nice camera regardless)
they spliced together a bunch of high res pictures to get that one large picture.
you would need a hubble sized lens to get that field of view and detail.

Based on the timing and the range of all the photos, its definitely more then one camera taking pictures almost simultaneously. Otherwise you would get a bunch of blurred faces due to people moving during the camera repositioning during shots.

probably enough to stop most rifle rounds. Might help if he wasn't taller than the glass though, whoops.

i have some bullet proof glass left over from a bank renovation. i cant remember how thick it is, but i want to go play with it one day.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LibertyOptics</div><div class="ubbcode-body">All the more reason to stay away from official government functions of this magnitude. What will be done with this info? </div></div>

imagethemall.jpg

is that a sniper team or something on top of that building. it looks like 4 people. 2 spotters and 2 snipers maybe?

definately a pair on the tan building with a dome looking thing off in the distance. I'd post it, but I don't know how to insert a screen image.