• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Super Chrono?

OKbow87

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 30, 2006
Oklahoma City, OK
Is there anybody out there running one of these super chrono's that rifles only is selling? I haven't seen any reports so far from anybody.

It's a nice chrono, but one has to be aware that being a sound-signature device it doesn't work on subsonic ammo, which depending on application can be a no-go.

Had mine working for the past week. Works great but it is important to position The unit exactly as the directions instruct. It seems to be somewhat picky in regards to being perfectly level with the ground as well as a proper distance below the muscle must be observed. I found an optimum distance of 24 inches below the bullets Line of flight and approximately 10 feet in front of the muzzle seems to give reliable and accurate results. I have not compared it to an optical chronograph. I have compared it to my magneto chronograph and my early observation is the super chronograph is more reliable one set up is figured out.

It would seem that the magneto is the best for use with ballistics program's as most use velocity figures based from the muzzle. Also ease of set up and not being picky seem like massive benefits. Is there something I am missing ?

Magnetospeed or Kurzzeit chronograph would be my choice, magnetospeed is certainly the easiest and cheapest to setup.
Kurzzeit, is a more traditional design with feautres that eliminates solutions to the more common problems with standard chrono's.
They are in no way cheap though.

It reads faster because you are literally measuring velocity at the muzzel, not 10-12 ft in front, JMO JVON

I was getting 200 fps errors. I must be doing something wrong.

I'm having the same problems with mine, somehow I've managed to push the 123gr Lapua to over 3200fps with my .260 (should be 3070). Seems like in a 5 shot string I'll always get one really bad reading and it seems like its either the first or the last shot for whatever reason.