• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Super Duty. . .

Cuz all ewe doo is put steel in der machine and it makes the stuff for you ryhte??? :)

1582935744576.png

Chad,

Will you be offering tapered bushings? Something that will grab onto a Heavy Palma or MTU mid-length, like you’d need on an AI rifle where the action and chassis are bonded?

Thanks,

Sam

Chad,

Will you be offering tapered bushings? Something that will grab onto a Heavy Palma or MTU mid-length, like you’d need on an AI rifle where the action and chassis are bonded?

Thanks,

Sam

We have a good assortment coming with them for the popular stuff.

Requests for specific purposes are always welcome too!

We have a good assortment coming with them for the popular stuff.

Requests for specific purposes are always welcome too!
Sounds great. Yeah I’m interested in the normal 1.25”, 1.20”, etc shank diameters, but also the tapered diameters down the barrel. That’s one of the reasons I’ve been looking at the Short Action Customs barrel vise, but yours is significantly beefier.

Re
Finally getting these things rolling. Soon as I get a bead on cycle times I'll have the listed on the store and pricing.

Doing this stuff by yourself with one hand makes for a shit job of holding the camera/phone still. My apologies.

Ready to purchase !

Machine work is completed. Still debating on coating/finish. I have a sample that was color cased. The price on that is yet to be determined.

Edit:

Ok, got em up on the store. I said I have a sample that was color cased. What I meant to say is that I have a sample ready for that process. It's hopefully going to be completed this week. SO, as of this moment, that part isn't done yet.

The "as machined" and "parkerized" are ready however. I've not parked em yet, but firing up the tanks is no big deal. Just imagine the thing being well,...parkerized. lol.

Collets are 100% along with all the hardware. You'll need a 1-5/8" socket. I have some on order with Matco in a 1/2" drive.

I have ONE stand completed. If I can break away this week, I'm going to run it down for powder coating. I'm thinking a "cool looking orange" is what I'm going to do this one in. These things are on the heavy-duty side so shipping might be a little expensive.

Pics are up and I'll take one of the stand and throw it on here as well.

C.

Last edited:
Reactions: samb300
@LongRifles Inc. thanks for the info! FYI, the link above isn't working for me on either mobile or desktop. Could just be me though.

Sam

FIXED:

Reactions: samb300
The Dumbass (that'd be me) neglected to "turn on" the sales channel feature that allows a product to go live on our site.

It should work now.

I was wondering what the F the 1&5/8" socket was for, and then I saw the pic with it in his hand. Not sure they made this robust enough!

The color case hardening looks amazing as well!

I was wondering what the F the 1&5/8" socket was for, and then I saw the pic with it in his hand. Not sure they made this robust enough!

The color case hardening looks amazing as well!
I was tryin got figure out how to comment on that, something along the lines of "In my pictures stuff always looks smaller with my hands in it but yours..."

Reactions: NWnewguy
Our 1st article stand for this was dropped off for powder coating yesterday. Were going with a "Tangerine Pearl" color. Kinda like Hugger orange with a little bling to it. I think it looks pretty cool.

It's a gloss/slick finish so that when grub and grime get on it, you can just wipe it down with some Simple Green and a rag. Just keep in mind NOT to EVER use brake clean as that shit will murder powder coating instantly. (makes it dull/crazed/fuzzy looking)

Hoping to get it back by Friday. I'll post pics soon as it arrives.

Thanks all. We sold a couple more yesterday.

The looming apocalypse pushed the powder coater back a couple days. Just got it delivered.

Tangerine Metallic with a color case hardened vise. I dig it. Hope you guys do as well. Adding this to our store will take a little help from our web guy. I'll follow up with that come morning.

Thank you all and stay safe.

C.

1585002460088.png

1585002477357.png

1585002489356.png

Reactions: 81STFACP