• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes Super high Rings and Aics Stock

aussiem1a

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 24, 2011
North Georgia
I recently dropped a 700 tactical 308 into an Accuracy International stock. Coming from a Mcmillan Htg stock medium mark 4 rings were perfect.Much to my surprise i put a set of high mark 4 rings 1.06 on and still had a bad cheek weld. I could get down low but the old cheek bone hurt like hell. The next hight available were super high rings for the Ar platform coming in at 1.40.Is there something wrong with me because they work. Badger had a set of rings that were 1.25 and this was my next step if these were to high. The cheek rest is still set at its lowest position. Am i the only one with this problem. I needed to be able to shoot off hand as well as down on the bipod. These are on a 15 moa base. Is there going to be any problem running rings this high.I have a 3.5x10x40 M3 scope but am going to bump up to a 50 0r 56mm scope soon. Apart from the look this just may work.

Re: Super high Rings and Acis Stock

As long as you have a good cheek weld, and your sight picture is fine, I don't foresee any problems...at least the 56mm bell will make it look a little better.
smile.gif

Yes , if you are meaning an AICS stock . To get proper cheek weld for myself , had to go with a set of Badger 30 highs for the new SS 5-20 . Tried mediums , and the bell would clear , but could not get the eyebox right for me . With the Badger highs , the adjustable is aprox 3 mm off the stock . Im a small guy , and cant imagine being a big guy trying to get a proper cheek and sight picture .

I've read many posts with the same issue. Some guys would file down the screws under the cheek piece to get it lower. I'm one of those guys with high cheek bones so it's not as big an issue. My rings are 34's at .97 I believe. Could be way off on that but my USO sits nice and low and it works for me. My father on the other hand can't stand it. Every individual is different.

Thanks everyone typo on my end should have been aics. I guess a big ass nightforce will be needed to help close the gap between the barrel and the bottom of the scope. Also got to thinking maybe I could make a custom cheek piece out of wood

If you go that rout keep one thing in mind. The lower the cheek piece goes it may make butt-to-shoulder feel unacceptable to you. I picked up an adjustable butt plate from surgeon to lower my pad a little. Nice piece.