• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Super Hogster compared to the AGM RATTLER V2 35-384

Oki Dean

Private
Minuteman
Dec 25, 2013
I searched the forums but did not find where anyone compared these two scopes against each other. So, how would you rate the new AGM RATTLER V2 35-384 against the Super Hogster? I'm curious to hear what someone thinks who has used both. I know there is a lot of support for each, but I am looking for someone with hands-on experience with both. I have watched videos on YouTube, and they look similar, but those videos can be very subjective. I want to purchase my first thermal and am trying to obtain as much information as possible before executing. If the V2 35-384 falls short of the mark, would the Rattler V2 35-640 meet or exceed the Super Hogster?

I’ll take any recent model 640 over any recent model 384. One of my buddies just got a V2 35-384 and he loves it. I got a V2 50-640 and was a bit underwhelmed by it, but still a very nice scope.

Reactions: FuhQ
I’ll take any recent model 640 over any recent model 384. One of my buddies just got a V2 35-384 and he loves it. I got a V2 50-640 and was a bit underwhelmed by it, but still a very nice scope.
Those are my thoughts exactly, a newer version rather than an older one. I think the new V2 will be better or just as good as the Super Hogster but with better features. But I'm a little confused by your statement. If you had to do it over again, would you get the 640, or would the 384 meet your needs? Have you compared them side by side? I assume the difference is pretty significant. If I could afford it, I'd go with a 640 myself.

Last edited:
I'm a little confused by your statement. If you had to do it over again, would you get the 640, or would the 384 meet your needs? Have you compared them side by side? I assume the difference is pretty significant. If I could afford it, I'd go with a 640 myself.

The difference in base mag make the differences less obvious at first.w I got an iRay Rico Pro this week and it is amazing. IMO if you are spending money on a quality 384, just jump in on a 640. Sell a gun you aren’t using or something. The better the scope is the more enjoyable it is to use, and the more you’ll want to use it. I just think once you are spending 640 money AGM may not be the best out there.

Let’s see if this works, here are two videos - same event - one on black hot is the V2 35-384 on base mag, the one on red hot was my V2 50-640 on 5x, twice base mag but still..

15em0HU.mp4

JB2Kby2.mp4

Let’s see if this works, here are two videos - same event - one on black hot is the V2 35-384 on base mag, the one on red hot was my V2 50-640 on 5x, twice base mag but still..

15em0HU.mp4

JB2Kby2.mp4
Thank you for posting the vids. I know the 640 is at twice the mag but I'm inclined to go with the 384. I think this will be more than enough for my intentions. How far out are the pigs?

Thank you for posting the vids. I know the 640 is at twice the mag but I'm inclined to go with the 384. I think this will be more than enough for my intentions. How far out are the pigs?

When the first shot is fired they are about 195 yards.

The difference in base mag make the differences less obvious at first.w I got an iRay Rico Pro this week and it is amazing. IMO if you are spending money on a quality 384, just jump in on a 640. Sell a gun you aren’t using or something. The better the scope is the more enjoyable it is to use, and the more you’ll want to use it. I just think once you are spending 640 money AGM may not be the best out there.
What would you suggest? ANT has the new 5 (I'm not looking at the XD series) series out, but their reviews vary pretty widely. Bering Optics (Super Hogster) have great reviews, but the products are older. Nothing wrong with tried and proven products, just looking for the best product in my range. Looking to spend around $3k.

What would you suggest? ANT has the new 5 (I'm not looking at the XD series) series out, but their reviews vary pretty widely. Bering Optics (Super Hogster) have great reviews, but the products are older. Nothing wrong with tried and proven products, just looking for the best product in my range. Looking to spend around $3k.
Gas gun or bolt?

AR, 300BO suppressed.

The ranges you’ll be hunting at and shooting at with that I think you’d be plenty happy with a 384 unit. The V2 35-384 is better than the V1 25-384 I had but that’s my only experience in 384. Knowing what I know about difference in 640 v 640 quality though I’d suggest checking out a Rico GL35.

I searched the forums but did not find where anyone compared these two scopes against each other. So, how would you rate the new AGM RATTLER V2 35-384 against the Super Hogster? I'm curious to hear what someone thinks who has used both. I know there is a lot of support for each, but I am looking for someone with hands-on experience with both. I have watched videos on YouTube, and they look similar, but those videos can be very subjective. I want to purchase my first thermal and am trying to obtain as much information as possible before executing. If the V2 35-384 falls short of the mark, would the Rattler V2 35-640 meet or exceed the Super Hogster?
Don't know about your comparison, but I would always go 640 if you can afford it. The Rattler 35-640 is a damn fine unit. I have the 50-640 Long Range (V1 Rattler), and it's exceptional.

Don't know about your comparison, but I would always go 640 if you can afford it. The Rattler 35-640 is a damn fine unit. I have the 50-640 Long Range (V1 Rattler), and it's exceptional.
I'm thinking the same thing and might go with an AGM. The hardest part is trying to narrow down which manufacturer to go with. I had decided on either an AGM or Bering Optic, and then Chris mentioned Rico. And they have amazing products too. Sigh, so many choices. Every time I start looking at another item, the price rapidly jumps up past 3k and higher.

I'm thinking the same thing and might go with an AGM. The hardest part is trying to narrow down which manufacturer to go with. I had decided on either an AGM or Bering Optic, and then Chris mentioned Rico. And they have amazing products too. Sigh, so many choices. Every time I start looking at another item, the price rapidly jumps up past 3k and higher.
Don't know if this helps, but AGM just upped the warranty on all 384 and 640 units purchased as of Jan 1, 2023 (last year) will carry a 5 year full warranty. I was pretty happy to find that out. That's good piece of mind.

15em0HU.mp4

JB2Kby2.mp4
How did you upload media directly to the forum without an external hosting site? I've been hoping they would do this for a long time...

How did you upload media directly to the forum without an external hosting site? I've been hoping they would do this for a long time...

I uploaded to IMGUR and then copied the links as if they were images and it worked. Idk how lol. The V2 has a better sensor than the V1s and on a base mag the V2 was awesome, but once zoomed up it is lacking compared to my iRay. Having full 640 on 1.5x and 3x with the Rico Pro is absolutely amazing, EXCEPT that my zero shifted appreciably between the two and it wouldn’t allow me to zero them separately like it is supposed to. It’s going back to iRay tomorrow for a reflash. If Pulsar would make a dual FOV model I’d be all over it after experiencing the Rico Pro this weekend, but alas Chinese options are all we have that I’m aware of on that front.

I uploaded to IMGUR and then copied the links as if they were images and it worked. Idk how lol. The V2 has a better sensor than the V1s and on a base mag the V2 was awesome, but once zoomed up it is lacking compared to my iRay. Having full 640 on 1.5x and 3x with the Rico Pro is absolutely amazing, EXCEPT that my zero shifted appreciably between the two and it wouldn’t allow me to zero them separately like it is supposed to. It’s going back to iRay tomorrow for a reflash. If Pulsar would make a dual FOV model I’d be all over it after experiencing the Rico Pro this weekend, but alas Chinese options are all we have that I’m aware of on that front.
You have to sent it back to iRay for a reflash? You can't do that at home from your computer? That seems a bit stupid.

I do love it when people shit on AGM for being "China" but then hype-up the iRay, as if they're not also built in China...Probably in the exact same plant. 😂

You have to sent it back to iRay for a reflash? You can't do that at home from your computer? That seems a bit stupid.

I do love it when people shit on AGM for being "China" but then hype-up the iRay, as if they're not also built in China...Probably in the exact same plant. 😂

Yeah for this model. It’s a problem that was caught early, but I got an early model. Ancient May 2023 manufacture lol.