• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Advanced Marksmanship Super Sniper 10x and mildot master

cpc1027

Private
Minuteman
Jan 30, 2009
Peoples Republic of Maryland
I am new to the whole mildot thing and as the proud new owner a SS10x40M I am trying to learn as much as I can about using the mildot system. In my research into the mildot system, I found this link which says that there are two types of mildot: Army and USMC.

My Mildot Master has the oval shaped mildots on it, leading me to believe it to use the USMC system, and as far as I can tell, my super sniper has the circular mildots, leading me to believe that it uses the Army system. Does this mean that my scope and the Mildot Master are not compatible with each other?

Re: Super Sniper 10x and mildot master

A mil is a mil, just read the mils with your scope and use the mildot master to convert to distance. They will work fine together.

I got wrapped around the axle about this too, SS I am told has Army even though it was contracted for SEAL that I would have thought Marine dots.

I do think the Marine are easier to read once slicing them up under 1 mil.

The different shaped dots change how you measure the target with the reticle, but you input the same measured Mil value into the slide-rule.