• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes super sniper 16X any one had this problem

YoteKiller308

Private
Minuteman
Mar 3, 2010
Colorado
Had this scope for a while now but due to op tempo havent been able to get out all that much. Now that things have calmed down enough been out quite a bit. Both my elevation and windage are HORRIBLE as far as clicks dont know if I just got a bad one or what but the clicks cannot be heard or can barly be felt. I have heard so many great things about them but I am compleatly not sold. Even sent an e-mail to SWFA and after explaining all the "symptems" I got 0 responce. Extreamly unhappy, is there anything I can do? tried working them out, all the way up-down right-left over and over, same things happens.

Re: super sniper 16X any one had this problem

Take the turrets off, wipe off the excess grease on the Orings and inside the turret.
Replace turrets and check to see if that's better.
If not, carefully remove the Oring that seals the turret and take it with you to Lowe's or NAPA. Get someone that knows what they are doing to help you find an Oring that is the same ID, but a the next smaller gland (cross section) size.
Buy three, take them home and replace the ones that are on the elevation and windage, and grease them with a touch of lube.

The clicks are never going to be S&B or USO quality, but they should be almost as good as Leupy M1's........

IF you never tightened the turrets after you received the scope, then do it. The SS scope turrets seem to be lightly tightened when shipped. Hope that clears your problem.

I'll give it a shot and let you know how it goes. So frustrating, just want something to work till i move over to the Vortex PST.

Yote,
The first thing I did when I got my 16X was turn both knobs from bottom to top, top to bottom about 4 times. Repeat for windage.

This seemed to loosen up the grease and the clicks became much more positive. If this had not worked I would have been down at Lowe's getting new O rings.

If these options don't work then Chris will be along shortly.

Dave

If that does not work let me know and we'll get you fixed up.

You can also trade it in towards a PST if you want.

played with it for the past night or two and still just not adding up. Still slugish and just not quite working as well as all the reviews have made them out to be. aggg

I'd like to take a look at it. Print this thread and include it with the scope and your return address.

SWFA, Inc.
Att. Chris Farris
420 Century Way, #100
Red Oak, Texas 75154

I wasn't impressed with mine either to start with, but found that it came from the turret being forced to one side. Loosen all three screws holding the turret on, and then screw them in until all three are just barely touching. Then, tighten each one a little at a time until they're all snug. Made mine feel much better once I figured that out.

As said before the SS scopes come with a special waterproof grease in the turrents to meet the mil spec requirements. Working the knobs 3-4 full rotations each should work it in. In 2004 I sent 100 10X42 SS to Iraq on M14's we initially had one scope with a flaw, SWFA and the manufacturer took ALL 100 back and replaced them with 100 of a new batch. They tested them found only the one had a flaw, the reticle rotated and it turned out that the locking ring epoxy didn't set on one. The 2nd batch which they shipped and we recieved in 3 days in time to go on the rifles. SWFA and Chris #1.