• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Super Sniper 16x?

TeeJayHoward

Private
Minuteman
Mar 5, 2008
Colorado Springs
I hear a lot of talk about the SS 10x - And it's all good. Has anyone used the SS 16x42? Are they of comparable quality? Are there superior 14x-18x scopes in the sub-$500 price range?

Re: Super Sniper 16x?

use the search function. The Super Sniper scopes have been discussed hundreds of times.

I've got both. I'd stick with the 10x. The 16x is darker, smaller field of view. It was the first scope I owned and I used it for a number of years. I built my second rifle and stuck a 10x on it. I now HATE using that 16X because of it being darker and smaller field of view.

I used the 10x all the way to 1k.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Strickland</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've got both. I'd stick with the 10x.</div></div>
Do you have any issues spotting the holes in the paper at 200 yards with a 10x? Right now, I've got a 3-9x, which is the reason I was looking into the 16. Even at 100 yards, I'm having issues spotting where my round hit unless I use the high-visibility targets that change color when hit.

i have a 16x mounted, i like it. shooting at a 100yd, yeah field of view is small but you can see your holes better. at 400 i can spot where my shots hit when i miss my mark.(plates surrounded by bushes) havent tried anything furthur.

Can't see holes at 200 with 10x. No problem at 100.

Then again, that's what spotting scopes are for.

But like I said, since getting use to the clarity and brightness of the 10X, it is hard to look through that 16x. Much dimmer.

I own a 16x and have used a friend's 10x.

10x is better in terms of clarity, brightness, and field of view.

Go with the 10x IMHO.