• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Super Sniper Customer Service

Broc

Private
Minuteman
Oct 9, 2007
Fly over country
I had a super sniper side focus quit working on me. Something internally isn't quite engaging and I think I'm going to have to send it in for work.

I was just wondering what experiences people have had dealing with their customer service.

Thanks!

Re: Super Sniper Customer Service

It will be Bushnell who will service it. Their CS is a pain.

GC

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MAX100</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It will be Bushnell who will service it. Their CS is a pain. </div></div>

Thanks for the help. I didn't know Bushnell handled the warranty work. So super snipers are made by Tasco and serviced by Bushnell... Interesting.

I had the same thing happen on mine. 10x
I boxed it up and sent it in with a note.
They mailed me a conformation number to check status on line.

3 weeks later they sent me a new scope. No questions asked.

Chances are they will just send you a new one.

aside from the 3 week thing, hich realisticly isn't bad, sounds like good service to me.

Three weeks is not typical for Bushnell. Do a web search for feedback on their CS.

GC

Thanks for the help guys. I'll be sending it off soon.

So this keeps getting better and better. This morning I removed the scope and gave it a once over before packaging it up. I gave the focus a turn and sure enough, it worked again! So now I'm really wondering what went wrong. It was mounted in Warne Maxima rings and torqued to 22 in lbs so the tube shouldn't be getting crushed down onto the internal parts. The bases are square and show no signs of torquing the tube. The tube itself has no ring marks or signs of crushing/torquing.

Any scope guru's out there that can explain what is possibly going on?

Is 22 in lbs specified for the rings? I thought they were 15 in lbs.

If it is 22, there might be an issue with the scope. If it is 15, the problem makes sense and, with luck, nothing is damaged - and don't tighten to 22 again.

Called Warne today. The recommended torque is 25 in lbs. I was really hoping you were right and that was the problem. I'm going to see if I can't get a hold of a tasco tech person and see what they think.

Thanks for the suggestions!

I'd call Chris at SWFA, the SuperSniper is their scope. Chris will square things away, he's good people.

I had a good experience with bushnell CS personally---with my 4200 I wasnt happy..called, got an RA number, and 2 weeks later had a check for the purchase price. cant complain about that

You should get squared away, particularly with SWFA behind you

Bushnell has always been great to me, next day aired a scope to me so I would have it in time for a hunting trip out West...

I had a 3200 that wouldn't zero and I took it to their retail store/ warehouse in lenexa ks and it was fixed in like 3 days then they mailed it to me since i had to go back to ft bragg.

Would a slight miss-alignment of the rings cause enough binding of the internal parts to cause this problem? I'm talking about a very very small mis-alignment. Almost undetectable to the eye.

I noticed, after mounting a different scope, that the I when look down the barrel, the end of the scope is ever so slightly off to one side. I'm thinking that this mis-alignment might have been the problem. I just find it hard to believe that this small miss alignment would cause that big of a problem.

What do you all think?