• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Super Sniper on Rimfire

3wide

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 28, 2008
Iowa
Anyone got a 20X Super Sniper on their rimfire? Looking for a new scope for my 10/22 and want atleast 20x but want to stay under $300. Using it to punch tiny groups on paper at 25, 50, & 100m. I don't want to go BSA direction, Mueller and Millet scopes have scopes in the $200 range but everything I've read about the SS makes me want to stay with that quality of scope.

Re: Super Sniper on Rimfire

3wide,

No, But I do have a 10x42 Falcon Menace on my Kimber HS 22LR. But I see no reason that a 20x SS won't work as well.

Here's mine:

Closeup.jpg

DSCF0566.jpg

I've got a 10x SS on my CZ452 and really like it. I shoot it out around 225 yards. If I were to do it over again I'd probably get a Falcon menace for it just to have a Mil/Mil side paralax adjustment scope but they weren't out back when I got the SS and the SS works well enough I don't feel the need to replace it.

I dunno how much I'd like a fixed 20x scope on a .22lr though. But if super small holes are your goal I hear high magnification is the choice of high end air rifle competitors too.

Yep, I just got a 16x SS and its going on my 504. Posting a few pics of my camo job here in a few.

Yep, have one on my Eliseo AN-1 tube gun. Use it for 50' competition indoors during the long Michigan winters.
Also works great out at 200 yds during the occasional summer .22 practice between NRA midrange and Longrange matches.

Bob

3wide,
I think I met you over at rimfirecentral
laugh.gif

I am going to buy one for my 10/22 as well for those long range 22 shooting. My understanding is that it has enought elevation adjustment to get out there.

I have a 10x SS on my old marlin-glenfield. Got a complete data book for whatever ammo I shoot in it, all zeros and mil-dot equivalent. I love it
on Weds. evenings we have a 22 steel shoot. targets from 50-200 yards.
Zeroed at 100, check the book and I can mil the targets all over the range.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 45user</div><div class="ubbcode-body">3wide,
I think I met you over at rimfirecentral
laugh.gif

I am going to buy one for my 10/22 as well for those long range 22 shooting. My understanding is that it has enought elevation adjustment to get out there.
45 </div></div>

Hey 45, I mailed your stock you'll probibly get in Tuesdayish. Let me know how it works out. I put my scope for sale on rimfirecentral and it sold immediately, wasn't asking enough LOL. Well since that sold I guess I gotta find a replacement pretty soon. Probibly end up ordering a SS 20X this weekend. I might head to Scheels so see what they got but probibly will go with the SS. The majority of people seem to be happy with their purchase.

I saw your ad for ATV. Yep, you could've definitely fetch up more than that
laugh.gif

I should be picking up SS soon also. I am setting up a long range 10/22 and like the look of traditional guns than the synthetic stocks. I will let you know how it works out for me.

I have a 16x MQ on My CZ 452 Scout, it works pretty good, I use it for 25-200yard competitive shooting.

I can see bullet homes on paper out to 200 yards, If I had it to do over again I would do a 10x or 12x had a 20x it was to much x

I've got the 10X on my MkII. On a 20 MOA base it's got plenty of elevation to get out past 300 yards. The ability to correct parallax at short range is nice.

The thickness of the crosshairs on a 20x at short range would make it pretty tough to shoot "small holes."

I had a 16x SS on my 40x for a while. If you want a fixed power scope... check out a Weaver T-24 with fine crosshairs and an 1/8th minute target dot. Its a little above your budget by about $145, but is a true bench scope.

Bought an used 20X SS from an IP here. Put it on my Winny 52. For me it was to much glass on a 22LR. I took it off and put a 10X SS on it. Works much better for me. Get behind some before you buy one.

I have a 20 X 42 SS on my Savage MK II. No problems with the short stuff, but I don't engage targets under 50 yards unless the COF calls for it, then I could see a problem....
I have the gun for Tactical Rimfire Precision matches, not hunting. So if hunting is what you want it for, I'd go to a lesser power. But this is set up perfectly for me now.....

Attachments

• Savage MK II.jpg
    Savage MK II.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 29
SS 10x on a CZ452 here. Great pairing. As mentioned, once it's zeroes (mine's at 100) it's easy to mil out beyond 200.