• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes Super Sniper or Millet? Want to buy 1

Matthew buck

Private
Minuteman
Jan 21, 2012
Alabama Mobile
I have a Remington 700 .223 sps tactical and I can not decide which scope to put on it. I would like to shoot out to 500 yards. I am trying to stay in the 300-400 dollar price range any ideas?

Re: Super Sniper or Millet? Want to buy 1

it depends what your going to be doing with the rifle?? the SS 10x is plenty for 500 yards but may be a little much for anything within 100, especially if its moving. SS makes variable but im not sure what there priced at..if i recall correctly, they might be out of that price range. i could be wrong though..it wouldnt be the first time or the last.

If you are shooting between 100-500 yards, then a fixed will be fine. If you will be using it to take any short shots, then variable may be you best option. Stay on the look out for a good used scope. Look in the for sale section, or Swfa sample list

+1 for SS I own 3 SWFA scopes and there really well made scopes.

Aron-

i sold the SS i had. it wasnt mil/mil and i wasnt very impressed with the quality. my millett came with elevation issues but a call to bushnell and it was replaced with a NIB working model at no charge. but if i were to buy another of either, it would be the millett. its got more bang for the buck