• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Super Sniper parts?

Mk4

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 13, 2002
High Plains of Texas
I have managed to lose a couple of set screws off of my elevation and windage turrets on my older Super Sniper 10X. Well, I contacted SWFA about getting some more screws and they directed me to Bushnell. Well, I emailed Bushnell and they want me to send the whole thing in!!

Why?

Geeez, all I need is some screws. Anybody with a similar situation or know where I can get some compatible parts?

Re: Super Sniper parts?

if you could find out the thread and diameter im sure you could order from any online machine screw place, sorry could help any more than that

find a real good hardware store

however......may not be a bad idea to send it in anyway ...AFTER you speak to them

Checked the local hardware store and nothing there. I'm guessing that these screws are metric and what the store had wasn't. Also, these screws have a sharp bevel point.

May just have to pack it up and send it in.

Mk4, sent you a PM. Hopefully I can get you taken care of.

I would call SWFA back and ask them if they cannot provide the screws, what the diameter and thread count are on the screws in question.

Ask them why they cannot get the screws for you (they do own the design now). Explain to them that Bushnell wants you to send in the whole scope and that is not what you need. Ask them to get the screws from Bushnell for you as Bushnell is declining to sell them to you.

All of this might be wasted effort, but there is nothing wrong with asking for better service than you initially received.

If those efforts fail, your local gunsmith probably has the tools to determine the size and threadcount on the screw. Once you have that, you can see if the screw is available anywhere.

Good luck.

Grendel 6.5,

Thanks for your response. I understand now. Have returned your PM.

Apparently, the Super Sniper has been made in more than one factory and some components were changed in the process.

I get it now.

Set screws are being mailed out to you this week Mk4. PM me when you get them, just so I know they got sent out.

Many thanks, Grendel 6.5.

Now that is customer service for you!
grin.gif