• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes "Super Sniper" scope coming?

Re: "Super Sniper" scope coming?

Project 'One Shot' dates back to 2007.

Yeah, I saw that it dates back a ways. I was more curious about things like; who provides the glass?, is this a panacea similar to perpetual motion that sounds good on paper but just doesn't work?, who is Cubit Corp?, etc.

Even if it has a built-in wind sensor, how is it doing to detect different wind conditions down range?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bedlam</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Even if it has a built-in wind sensor, how is it doing to detect different wind conditions down range? </div></div>

It is possible, technology has been out for years already.
I know a optics/gun related company who has been doing R&D on this for a while already. Problem is how to get it in compact package. And price.

Shooting position wind is more or less useless information.

Would be pretty impressive just to see it work at our 1000 yard station. On a typical day we're at the top of hill with wind from the right, shooting thru a gap in the trees and across a valley with trees and grass blowing the opposite direction, across a big field with no wind, then across another row of trees and grass leaning to the left, across another big valley and across another field with wind again to the right, past the 900 yard targets with the only wind flag we have showing wind blowing left, then into a clearing cut into the woods with swirling wind.

Yup, real easy to calculate this one. Takes a few matches to even guess the first shot on that one and we do get a surprising number of first round hits but if you go by what your eye is telling you at the one wind flag we have at 900 yards you'll be wrong most of the time. Be interesting to see how something electronic would get a read on this shot for first round hit.

Topstrap