• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Super Sniper Scope

Furtaker_.223

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 22, 2010
Columbia IL
www.snipershide.com
What do you all think about the SS scope? How clear is the glass? What would you compare them to? I do realize there is a major price driffrence than NF, Leupold, Zeiss. What kind ro retical can you get? I am looking for a good tactical/ hunting scope. I recently got the VXIII with the varmint hunter retical, So I am looking for another scope with bullet drop. I am not crazy about mill dot. And love the fine cross hair for long range.
Any recomindations would be appreciated.

Re: Super Sniper Scope

They are great scopes and you will be hard pressed to find something really wrong with them. They are functional. In other words it only has what you need and not really anything you don't. They are all standard Mil-dot with the lower models having MOA turrits and the two newer ones haveing Mil turrets.

As far as the glass goes, they are on par with my Luppy VXIII LR/T (old version of the MK4)

The thing is they work pretty much all the time when others fail. They hold thier value if you do decide to sell later.

You'll soon learn that bullet drop reticals only work when the conditions match the retical. Any other time its off and could be off by quite a bit. Learn the Mil or Moa reticals and move on and enjoy shooting.

Mil-dot is the only reticle available in any of the S.S. scopes. But the scopes are very functional, and super tuff.

Thanks to an eye for quality for the $ and many postive posts on here, I now have 2 of them and assure you, you cannot go wrong for the $. There is an article around that compares a SS to a Luepold Mk.4 snd a Nightforce. Just like we've all seen on here,SS ran right along with those scopes costing 4X as much.

I started with a SS16. Although it is a great scope for the money, it is not, in any way, the NF I just replaced it with. I felt the eye relief was too critical for the different positions encountered in tactical competitions. The MOA clicks and MIL reticle is also a big hassle. It will now go on a p. dog gun where it will be a perfect companion. $0.02

depends on the size of the target. old rule of thumb is man size target at 1,000 yards with 10x, so 3' target at 500 yards should be good.

The SS is a very functional scope, great value for the price. I've used my SS 10x42M on 18" targets out to 1000yds with no problem.

SS scopes are outstanding for a simple, basic scope. By "basic" I do not mean economy model or scaled down. As others have said, they have the essentials. If you are talking the new generation ($700.+) I think you can do better for less money or a lot better for just a little more. I spent a couple hundred more and got a US Optics. If you are talking the previous generation @ $299.-$399. I don't think they can be beat in that range. For $550. Midway has a Sightron III fixed power. It's better.

Crosshairs seem like they are about 1/2 MOA thick give or take. I know a 2" dot at 200 is about half to 2/3 covered by them. It's a great little scope for learning how to use mil dots and shooting steel.

Glass is on par with other scopes in that price range, but it has a couple of nice touches that others don't, like knobs that click for instance and mine came with flip up caps for front and rear.

Another good one is the bushnell 10X 3200. Sub 200$ for 10X, mildot, target knobs and halfway decent glass.