• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes super sniper variable?

Re: super sniper variable?

Penelope waited less for Odysseus...

In the meantime I would get something else if you want to shoot while still young
smile.gif

Heh,

There certainly is the market for them if they made them especially with the reputation for quality at a low price point SS has earned. I'm sure you can expect price to go up, if you look at the bushnell 3200 just for giggles it's double the price to go from the 10x to the 5-15x tactical. However, even at $500-600 a SS variable if they held the quality up would sell well. It would be nice to see them switch to matching turrets/reticle though.

I think the Falcon would give the SS var a run for its money.

Has falcon fixed their turrets. The 4.5-18 that I use to have had the worst turrets I've ever felt. It kind of felt like squeezing a turd!

Falcon has done impressive things with their glass and turrets, are they NF quality, no but much improved. I had a 10x42 menace and just got a 4-14 menace and both the glass and turrets are much improved on the 4-14.

I would say the glass on the 4-14 is good enough, needs no further improvement, esp. since early reports on the 5-25 report it's even better glass than the 4-14.

Big issue with the falcon turrets is they use super thick grease on them, if you clean that out and lube it with a thinner o-ring friendly grease they are impressive for the price point.

I'll second the grease thing. Cleaned that gunk out of mine recently, and makes a world of difference in the feel of the clicks.

Also look forward to retrofitting with the "new" knob design (apparently similar to the Super Sniper design), which is supposed to take care of the hashes on the knob sometimes not quite being centered on the "clicks" when you zero the scope. Hopefully the new knobs will be available any time now.

I would buy a SS variable. They would sell more than they could make if they made a 2.5-10 for $450.

Id pay 550 for a MOA/MOA var. SS. 450 for a fixed MOA/MOA SS.

-dan