• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes super sniper vs better

jason_mazzy

Private
Minuteman
Aug 8, 2009
the south
i understand optics are very important, something to do with the recoil shifting them per each shot.now the super sniper is relatively cheap, and heard it was great bang for the buck. are you forced to go with the higher end scopes for every tactical reason? or will a super sniper suffice?

Re: super sniper vs better

Jason,

Most people will agree with what I am about to say.

The Super Sniper is the best rifle scope to start out on hands down.

BUT with that, if you ever get past the entry level use of a rifle scope you will want to move up.

The Super Sniper offers alot of the things people need to get going. Alot of MOA adjustment, a Mil-Dot Reticle, 10, 16, 20x fixed magnification.

Its a great starter scope, it is also a great back up once you move on to more high end equipment.

Most people start with the Super Sniper. I did, and enjoyed using it.

Would I go back to it? No, because I do not want a fixed power scope.

but its a great starting point. also the resale on them is great. You can sale a used one for $250 all day long on a $300 scope.

One more thing, alot of people get the SS and put it on a centerfire, as they grow they learn that using a rimfire for training is just as good if not better than a centerfire, so they get a nicer optic. Put it on a Centerfire and move the SS to the 22lr.

Not a bad deal.

John

Super Sniper or Bushnell 3200 Elite 10x for fixed power or Falcon Optics if you want a variable. All make damn good, affordable scopes with options useful for long range shooting. IMO you can't go wrong with any of these 3 scopes for an entry level price range.

TY both. I am looking for maybe a 22 conversion kit for my bushmaster so i can fire alot of rounds cheap.

I just got back from another trip out with my 5R and 16X Super Sniper. With it, I had a ball over the weekend, popping all sorts of water-filled targets at various distances up to 600yds.

It's a great starter scope since it's relatively cheap but very robust and offers a wide range of aforementioned features. They also hold their resale value well so when it's time to move on and you want to sell it, you should recoup most of what you initially paid.

I have 3 Super Snipers 10x,16x,20x. ALL have been absolutely reliable. My 20X had over 1400 rounds of 50BMG and my 16X had 400 on another 50BMG stick. Absolutely the best bang for your buck in a cheap scope.

I started with a SS 10x on my hunting rifle, then when I upgraded I moved the SS to my CZ452. Great scope for the money.

I agree with everything the above persons have said I also want to add that I will probably never get rid of mine.

I generally do not see SSs on sale unless they are already mounted usless it is on SWFAs "sample list" which generally are not buybacks, trade ins or remanufactured, they are scopes that got a few scratches at trade shows and I am happy that they are now offering a 3x9 vs only a fixed power, but it costs 50 to 100% more than their other offerings and adjusts in 0.1 MRADS vs 1/4" increments.

Some informative articles on several scopes including the SS can be found here:

http://www.snipercentral.com/scopereviews.htm