• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Super VEPR .308 - Any first-hand users/reports?

ORD

Montani Semper Liberi
Minuteman
Nov 12, 2005
Morgantown, WV, USA
So a guy I work with is always buying/selling/trading into some of the weirdest and unusual firearms, showed me some pics earlier of a Molot Super VEPR in .308 that he picked up yesterday evening. While beauty is in the eye of the beholder, I have to admit that it is a good looking rifle, very nicely figured wood and what appears from the pics to be an excellent fit/finish all around (his was NIB with 2 mags, a side-mount that appears to be a KVAR KV-04 style to mem etc.). He seemed very pleased with it having gotten it for ~$900 in trade value (he wouldn't tell me how much, but I'm guessing likely closer to $1k). I have shot a variety of Russian AK variants over the years, including several different VEPRs in a wide range of calibers, but never a Super VEPR.

He'll probably never shoot it (does FAR more trading/buying/selling than he ever does shooting), but it got me thinking...how are these rifles in terms of their accuracy potential with quality ammo (FGMM and the like), as well as their overall quality, durability, reliability, etc.? I have generally considered most "upgraded" AK/RPK/etc. variants even at their best capable of no better than MOA at their very best on a good day with good fodder and capable shooter squeezing the trigger. Anybody know otherwise on these Super VEPR models?

Thanks in advance!

a3ume2u2.jpg

@200 m today with cheapo CBC crapmo... First day out with her...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk