• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Super yoter R external power

chopit

Private
Minuteman
Mar 25, 2010
Odem Texas
Can the super yoter r be used with any anker power bank? I ordered the tnvc external bank but am curious if any external phone charging type bank can be used.

They can use any external battery.
This is setup with a battery attached, but I also have a clip-on and run with a 6ft cord and battery in my pocket.

If you turn the unit on from internal battery and then plug in external battery, it will stay on from internal battery if you discount the external one.

This way you can just unplug if you need to move quickly.
16446657668036814335905121778113.jpg
16446658523134103051506250579045.jpg

Thanks, how long do you get on an external battery on average? I would assume probably all night.

I'm down south so it doesn't get that cold here, but I'm good for the 4-5 hours I go for.

Bering thermals recommend a 5V 2a external battery source. Many battery packs are 5V but not all. If you contact Bering (which you are welcome to do) and ask them what battery pack they recommend, they will tell you the TRB from TNVC/Night Goggles. It doesn't mean others will not work but it is what they test and what they use when they go to trade shows. Inside of the TRB is an Anker 6700 Astro E1 battery. Anker batteries are cold-weather tested. Many off-brand packs work well in warm weather but can have issues in the cold.

As for how long the TRB can run a Super Yoter, if you aren't recording, have WiFi on etc around 10 hours.

Reactions: DIBBS