• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Superformance powder ? ?

Saito

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 10, 2008
1537 Paper St.
So, I bought 8lbs of this stuff(cuz I was in powder buyin mode & had $). I know I don't need to explain myself here . . .anyhow, you guys have any load data(actual; I know there's data on the website) ? ?

Calibers I'm looking for:
.223/5.56- shoot mostly heavies these days
.22-250- 40 grainers up to 80s
.308- 100s up to 225s
Possibly a 6XC or .243 AI in the future

Love to hear from you if you've used this powder, regardless of caliber.

I use it in my 6.5Creedmoor with great success with speeds and accuracy!

130gr. berger VLD hunting over 46ish gr. of SUPERFORMANCE in Hornady brass with 2970fps avg. out a 24'' shillen shoots sup out to 800 yards haven't shot that load past that as it is my hunting load.

Not to be a dippy downer but the powder doesn't work in 223/5.56.
The powder you bought is not the same as the loaded ammo.
I have used it in 260 as a test and it should workout there.

Not to be a dippy downer but the powder doesn't work in 223/5.56.
The powder you bought is not the same as the loaded ammo.
I have used it in 260 as a test and it should workout there.

Oh I know that. That's exactly why I'm asking here. I'm hoping there's been some experimenting with this powder in calibers other than those listed on the website.

I was going to try some .308 loads with a 150ish gr. hunting bullet for the ole ladies tikka t3 lite (for hunting) hope to get 3000ish FPS.. but i think since u got 8lbs. of it u should start working it up for me! hahaha…

What was amazing is the speeds they claim with the 300WSM 3405fps with a 155gr bullet.. THATS SMOKEN FAST!

I've used it in the .300 WSM. Worked up a load for a friends Sako with a 22" barrel and the 150 grain accubond.

We settled on the book max of 74.0 grains for an average velocity of 3225 fps. Not overly fast and certainly not 3400 fps, but that may have had to do with the short barrel too.

It was extremely accurate though with low ES and SD. We didn't have any pressure signs, so we could have gone further but the accuracy was great so we didn't mess with it.