• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Supertrickler in hand for testing with Elfster’s Rifles and Reloading

elfster1234

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Jun 3, 2012
    www.youtube.com
    The supertrickler is in hand for testing. FYI, the timer on the display doesn't include the fact it zeros the pan EVERYTIME you put the pan down for a charge (and yes you can shut it off and on but IMO is a good thing). The screen will show which process its doing from ZERO, to bulk drop, to fine drop, to pulse drop at the end for single specs of powder in which each step is fully customizable IF you are not using the AI (artificial intelligence) feature. I'll keep you all updated with a review once I know the system back and forth. Admittedly, the numerous amount of customizable settings are overwhelming at first yet welcomed once you get an idea of what they all do. I'll keep you all updated with a review once I fully know the system 100%. It's crazy fast for sure.

H4350

varget

AI mode, getting a quick custom setting from AI mode, and dropping CFE223

DROPPING POWDER LIVE!

quick unboxing

Last edited:
    The supertrickler is in hand for testing. FYI, the timer on the display doesn't include the fact it zeros the pan EVERYTIME you put the pan down for a charge (and yes you can shut it off and on but IMO is a good thing). The screen will show which process its doing from ZERO, to bulk drop, to fine drop, to pulse drop at the end for single specs of powder in which each step is fully customizable IF you are not using the AI (artificial intelligence) feature. I'll keep you all updated with a review once I know the system back and forth. Admittedly, the numerous amount of customizable settings are overwhelming at first yet welcomed once you get an idea of what they all do. I'll keep you all updated with a review once I fully know the system 100%. It's crazy fast for sure.
    That it zeros the pan every time sounds like a great feature for those of us who might want to use more than one pan to really speed things up to get a large number of cases charged. 7-8 seconds and two pans, it wouldn't take long to fill a 100 cases. :D

Last edited:
    is there a reason why they dont make one that drops directly into the case so we can just cut out the whole pan and funnel step?

What I've been finding myself doing (so far and still learning) for best performance is.... and all subject to change.

#1. Create a powder of choice preset for a powder drop range. For example saved preset for "varget-.223-25to30gr", OR preset saved settings for "varget-.308-40to45gr". Still working on this..

#2. Within that saved preset, save the main vibration settings "minimum and maximum" for that particular preset that works best for THAT particular supertrickler's vibration tube as I'm sure some tricklers have stronger or weaker vibration tubes (which isn't really bad, you just need to adjust accordingly). Min setting so powder just starts to flow but consistently,,,, and max setting as fast as possible until powder starts coming out the pan and then back off a little bit.

#3. Use AI (artificial intelligence) setting to get me close to my desired setting.

#4. Turn off AI and tweak out BULK, FINE, and PULSE setting parameters for the fastest performance with solid consistency. I usually shoot for 12 straight drops under 7 to 8 seconds average.

#5. The numerous settings can be OVERWHELMING at first UNTIL you get an idea of what each setting does, but then slowly becomes WELCOMING and 100% allows you to adjust damn near every facet of the trickler. I can't think of another trickler that allows you this much customization.

#6. I think the firmware goal is to just have AI do all of the work, but until then, for ultimate performance you need to tweak your own settings and eventually shut off the AI,,, but allow AI to get you close so youre not spending all day with settings. Until then, we wait till AI take over the world.

Screenshot_20221011_121002.jpg

Reactions: Franko
    is there a reason why they dont make one that drops directly into the case so we can just cut out the whole pan and funnel step?
    That's a good question. With the zero resetting each time, I don't see why an individual case can't just be set in rather than a cup. It doesn't seem to be like it'd be much of a modification to enable it to do that; just have something the centers the case into the right spot and a funnel built in to direct the powder into the case. But, I have a feeling such a process would actually be a little slower.

Reactions: D_TROS
    Like have a system that funnles into each case mouth on a tray of 50...:love:

IMHO the macro-problem with this is platen capacity. If you put a group of filled cases on the fx 120i you run out of calibration capacity around 10 units. So ...you still need to actively add and remove cases...

Like have a system that funnles into each case mouth on a tray of 50...:love:

IMHO the macro-problem with this is platen capacity. If you put a group of filled cases on the fx 120i you run out of calibration capacity around 10 units. So ...you still need to actively add and remove cases...
    well I was thinking 1 at a time but a tray would be 50x better.

That's a good question. With the zero resetting each time, I don't see why an individual case can't just be set in rather than a cup. It doesn't seem to be like it'd be much of a modification to enable it to do that; just have something the centers the case into the right spot and a funnel built in to direct the powder into the case. But, I have a feeling such a process would actually be a little slower.
    You're cutting out the transfer from grabbing the pan and funnel and pouring the powder into the case. not sure why it would be slower, it already drops powder in a pan why cant it simply drop podwer in a case? 3d printed case holder center below a floating funnel seems like a pretty simple mod. I get it if you add sensors or automated case feeders.

You're cutting out the transfer from grabbing the pan and funnel and pouring the powder into the case. not sure why it would be slower, it already drops powder in a pan why cant it simply drop podwer in a case? 3d printed case holder center below a floating funnel seems like a pretty simple mod. I get it if you add sensors or automated case feeders.
    I'm still thinking the rate in terms of using two pans and the speed reduction of the powder drop into single cases that might be requited because of the way the powder is dispensed. As fast as this main tube dumps powder, it's easier for the large cup to catch than for a small diameter to let the flow of powder into and through the case mouth. There might be a work around to avoid any clogging of the powder into a case . . .??? 🤷‍♂️ Again, it just a feeling/thought that'd have to be tested.

I'm still thinking the rate in terms of using two pans and the speed reduction of the powder drop into single cases that might be requited because of the way the powder is dispensed. As fast as this main tube dumps powder, it's easier for the large cup to catch than for a small diameter to let the flow of powder into and through the case mouth. There might be a work around to avoid any clogging of the powder into a case . . .??? 🤷‍♂️ Again, it just a feeling/thought that'd have to be tested.
    Yeah It's probably easier said than done but this whole spending the money to have a smart machine drop powder in a pan just so you can take it and manually drop the powder again ina case feels redundant. maybe its just me but I long for the day I can take a case directly from the machine into my press and seat a bullet.

Yeah It's probably easier said than done but this whole spending the money to have a smart machine drop powder in a pan just so you can take it and manually drop the powder again ina case feels redundant. maybe its just me but I long for the day I can take a case directly from the machine into my press and seat a bullet.
    There's always Harrells powder measure you can do that with. ;)

@elfster1234 - would really like to see you throw some big kernel powder like rl50 or 20n41 and maybe at 140gr , we saw the ST video on 20n29 , but that was on an early video from Rex (full disclosure I have an ST on order because of that ), just for the timing and the amount of setup one would need to do

Reactions: elfster1234
    @elfster1234 - would really like to see you throw some big kernel powder like rl50 or 20n41 and maybe at 140gr , we saw the ST video on 20n29 , but that was on an early video from Rex (full disclosure I have an ST on order because of that ), just for the timing and the amount of setup one would need to do
    Sorry to say the largest I reload is h4350 :(