• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Supplement/Nutrition drinks

Rthur

Philomath
Minuteman
  • Apr 16, 2010
    Not Chicago, Illinios
    Have been using MNT OPS products a little bit while training for elk season this fall.
    Have to say they help these older bones keep at it.
    Seems to be lacking in any side effects from my experience so far.
    Any and all experiences with these drink mixes would be appreciated.

R

I don't use MTN Ops personally. I order most of my powders from TrueNutrition.com.

For aging joints, I use/recommend some collagen.

Most professionals within the health industry with any honesty or alcohol in their system will tell you those drinks are all b/s, and you're just as good to chug 2 cups of coffee right before a training session and save the $$$ for your chiropractor.

Most professionals within the health industry with any honesty or alcohol in their system will tell you those drinks are all b/s, and you're just as good to chug 2 cups of coffee right before a training session and save the $$$ for your chiropractor.
    Wondered if this was the case.
    So far I have to admit Yeti is getting the job done.

R

Wondered if this was the case.
    So far I have to admit Yeti is getting the job done.

R

Remember 90% of training success is due to mentality. I remember when I was in high school I'd drink those drinks, thinking they were getting me jacked up. Looking back it was probably more of a placebo effect, just like a newbie to long-range shooting thinking he's automatically a precision shooter because he's using FGMM. FGMM probably helps, but it's not going to make or break your success as mindset and knowledge will.

Stay "hungry" - have goals and an estranged animal desire to meet those goals for that hour of training and forget about any other shit going on in your life.

Made an assumption on the products. I use the protein powders (whey, egg) and sweet potato powder in a mix for postWO calories.

As far as pre-workout goes, agreed with @EGwhisper. A cup of coffee goes a long way. A good mental game with a defined goal and a solid plan will take you further.

Reactions: Bradu and Rthur
    Remember 90% of training success is due to mentality. I remember when I was in high school I'd drink those drinks, thinking they were getting me jacked up. Looking back it was probably more of a placebo effect, just like a newbie to long-range shooting thinking he's automatically a precision shooter because he's using FGMM. FGMM probably helps, but it's not going to make or break your success as mindset and knowledge will.

Stay "hungry" - have goals and an estranged animal desire to meet those goals for that hour of training and forget about any other shit going on in your life.
    Not really looking to get "jacked" 90% of my training is cardio.
    Training for the 3k vertical rise from base camp this September.
    It'll get more strenuous when my pack gets here and start hauling a load.

R

Reactions: oneshot86
    I've been playing sports for a long time, and I know what I'm talking about. I had problems with food, taking vitamins and so on, I did not know how to gain weight, although I ate well. After that, my friends just gave me a taste of dietary supplements that do not negatively affect the body. Creatine with protein-the basis. b6, b12, zinc. This is all very useful. I gained quite a lot of muscle mass, not fat

I advise people to take a good multi vitamin like Thorne multi elite then just caffeine pre workout natural is preferred and 3 hardboiled eggs after working out.
    Nutriance also makes a good multi if you are older and or have absorption issues.

ETA I sell protein powders...

Last edited:
    Read an article a while back that only 17% of the protein in protein powders is used. The gold standard in protein synthesis is eggs, which are at 37%. That’s a lot of unused protein to piss out as nitrogen and if you think about it that’s a huge amount of money over time if you buy expensive protein with a low utilization, not to mention the excess calories that can tag along.

Best supplement is TRT. Causal effect and much less expensive over the long run.

i do bio trust...
    milk chocolate protein powder and,
    metabo greens.
    ive been almost daily using them for maybe 3 years, ill continue.
    really look into the greens
    20201207_192243.jpg

Joined Monday, first post Thursday - reviving a necro-thread about nutrition drinks.

Attachments

• glowrun.jpg
      glowrun.jpg
      22.7 KB · Views: 13
    • whats wrong with this thread.jpeg
      whats wrong with this thread.jpeg
      68.4 KB · Views: 11
    • stupid thread.jpeg
      stupid thread.jpeg
      79.1 KB · Views: 12
    • Haha
    Reactions: Basher
    Even though it's been six years since your post, it's great to hear that you found the MNT OPS products helpful for your training back then. It's always encouraging to hear about products that support active lifestyles without causing any side effects.If you're still on the lookout for supplement or nutrition drinks, you might want to explore some new options. https://goodmocktail.com/ has a blog with plenty of delicious mocktail recipes that could offer a refreshing change. These mocktails are non-alcoholic but can be packed with nutrients and flavor, making them a great choice for anyone looking for a healthy drink alternative.
    Mocktails? GTFOOHWTS.