• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Supplements, Vitamins, Protien, etc

DirtyDave

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 8, 2011
Texas
Here's the Scoop. Just turned 32 and started working out and eating better. Have not worked out seriously in about 12 years. Over the years I have put on about 50lbs of FAT. I'm 5'9" and down to #222 from #232 after about a month. No idea what my body fat% is. Goal is to get back down to 180-190 like I was in the "Glory Days" in school. Used to throw Shot-Put and Discus and would lift HEAVY for Explosive/Brute Strength. Used to be pretty jacked and on the coaches recommendation, took Whey Protein, Creatine, L-Glutamine, and Androstenedione. Benched #300, squatted #500, etc. Not looking for that anymore. Just to be healthier and not huff and puff as much when hunting and maybe do some Mud Runs haha.

Main Goal is to LOSE FAT, I know how to build muscle
Should I be taking any Supplements or Protein etc? or just stick with the better diet and almost daily exercise?
Joined a gym for the first time in my life and been hitting the elliptical for 30min a day. Lifting weights but not going heavy.
Diet is way better than it was but could still be improved.
Upper body muscles are sore and recovery takes longer than it used to. (Age?)
Crossfit, PX90, etc. look like something I can get into.

Try USP Labs PRIME as a supplement to your protein and workouts. I am on week 4 of a 8 week cycle using this stuff an am dropping fat and gaining lean, dense muscle. I have no desire to bulk up like when I was younger. Just want to get lean and have good muscle structure. I have read tons of reviews and had several friends that are very serious lifters highly reccomend it. So far I am impressed. It also helps with daily recovery. I no longer want to die for days after a hard workout.

I am on my 4th month straight of P90X. 6 days/week. Love every minute of it. ( I scrubbed the yoga routine, although I give anyone credit who has the patience for it. ) It has changed my life both physically and mentally. I take N.O. Xplode before my workouts and can feel the surge of energy and focus to push through the workouts. I use a whey protein post work out. I will say it definitely helps having a buddy or partner to do the program with you to keep each other motivated and on track with the program.

Diet should be your number 1 priority, & that means eating every 3 hour in order to speed up your metabolism. This is were your supplements will come into play, i.e. protein shakes, power bars. All kinds of misc. supplements out there, and just starting out I'd say keep it basic. To trim fat only rest 30-40 seconds between sets, & use HIIT cardio. You'll get some great results. Good Luck :thumbup:

Stay away from any thermogenic with Dimetheyl 10 as an active ingredient, after a period of time it has the ability to drastically take the lead out of the pencil, while taking it. Trust me this is not a side effect you want to take chances with.

Get away from supplements and eat food. Maybe whey if you can't eat enough protein. Read Dr. Barry Sears Zone and get into crossfit type workouts..change your life

Remember supplements are there to supplement your diet. Eat correctly and "supplement" your diet with protein, etc.

Supplements should make up a small portion of your nutritional intake. Good clean food is your #1 priority. If you need to up your protein then a couple quality protein shakes can do that. Stuff like fat burners, hormone boosters, and even vitamins are OK to add but realize that these things are not the "magic bullet" that people think they are. Proper training, rest, and clean nutrition and water intake are 95% of your success.

Thanks guys. Like Always when you ask these type of questions, you get a lot of variation in what works for individuals.
So far, after about a month of just Eating better and exercising 5-6 days a week, I'm down 12lbs and just feel better overall.
This month I'm going to tune up my diet a bit more to try to be more "paleo". Gonna step up the intensity of my workouts and try Crossfit. Along with Animal Pak, Fish oil, N.O. Xplode 2.0 pre workout, Whey after workout and Casein before bed.