• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Suppresor on a BOSS system

RobertB

Manners Stocks Support Team
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Aug 20, 2009
    Oak Grove, Louisiana
    Hey everyone, I am fixing to receive my suppressor within a month I believe. Cant wait.

When I ordered the thing I had two guns that were threaded. One was my surgeon and one was a Win M70 Laredo with the B.O.S.S. system on it. I ordered the magnum can as knew I had the 300WM. Well, I have since had several customs built for this can and I know they will all work. But seeing how the thread length is different on these from the Winchester I am wondering. The Winchester is 5/8x24 as well (thread protectors screw on good) but has longer threads. Will this work or not. I think I need a good shoulder to tighten against, right? If not can I put a sleeve or something on it or just use the stop that's already part of the system? I hate to experiment with this setup and learn something the wrong way.

Any help is greatly appreciated

Technically speaking, you can just use a spacer to shoulder against, as long as it's very well machined. It's done with rimfire suppressors all the time. Rimfire and 223 cans both use 1/2x28...Lots of 22lr barrels that are factory threaded, use standard threads for things like flash hiders or mock suppressors...but the rimfire can won't shoulder onto those types of threaded barrels. Places like SilencerCo make dedicated spacers to make it work.
    I don't know if I would really WANT to do it on a center fire rifle, but as long as it's machined correctly it shouldn't be an issue.
    You don't want it to end up being out of whack with your bore line...but it would probably be best to just have new threads cut to be safe.