• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Suppressed .300 Blackout

ShooterZ

Private
Minuteman
Feb 1, 2010
I have paperwork sent in for a .308 Winchester monocore suppressor with a total length of 9.5". I was thinking of building an AR chambered in .300 Blackout to go with the suppressor; however, I want to minimize the rifle's length and put in an SBR barrel with an endcap and the suppressor body attached to avoid the additional $200 tax. What would be the best way to affix the endcap and body to the barrel? I am planning to put the suppressor markings on the monocore's endcap so I can build another body and endcap to use on a couple of my other rifles.

Re: Suppressed .300 Blackout

wait, you want the 9.5" long hollow shell of a can hanging there the whole time even without the endcap? that will be loud without the core, and ugly as fuck. I think the shortest .300 blk tube i've seen was 9", so that would bring you to roughly 18" total. you still need to meet or exceed 16" or it has to be stamped.

No offense, but that's a retarded idea. Pay for the sbr stamp and have the freedom to do whatever you wish with it.

I'm pretty sure there might be some legal issues with what you are proposing. I don't think you are allowed to have extra baffles, tubes, etc even if they are perm. attatched to a rifle. I'd say do some more research. Paying the $200 tax is probably the best safe route as then you could have a SBR .22 upper and others as well.

This is not a good idea unless your goal is to be in multiple violations of the NFA.

You could build an AR pistol with whatever length barrel you desired as a host for your can, if you can live without a butstock or a front grip.

A permanent addition to a short barrel that the entire can slips into might be possible if the can is a thread mount. A heavy and likely inelegant solution.