• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressed ejection pattern

KACasauers

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jun 23, 2022
Idaho
Finally got my sandman s out of jail so threw it on my Noveske 10.5 and put in an h2 buffer. The ejection is erratic and most of them are going straight down or appear weak on the video. Anyone know what's going on with the ejection?

1) How does the world rifle work unsuppressed (ejection, cycling, chambering new round)?

2) Does your rifle have an AGB? If so, where is it set unsuppressed?

3) once suppressor is attached, is the rifle cycling & chambering a new round?

Sounds like the Gas System might not have enough oooomf to push the BCG back, extracting the round correctly…

My ¢0.02 😁

Reactions: AZLONGRIDER
Its the same when unsurpressed and doesnt have a AGB. Its cycling fine and locked back on the last round. It looks like its hitting the corner of the ejection port corner and not the brass deflector. Not sure if I need a new buffer or just leave it alone.

I would definitely try another buffer if you have one, it’s free and can’t hurt. Since that’s a .30 cal can, it’s back pressure isn’t as high as a 5.56 can. Are you noticing much gas to the face? What ammo are you shooting?

It's possible you're way over-gassed and the bolt is running too fast, throwing off the ejection timing. Most of the time adding a suppressor requires also adding an adjustable gas block.

• Wow
Reactions: 1911hombre
What about going back to the configuration that worked like you liked it working.

Then put your can on it and evaluate from there.

If I read this right, you are mixing two variables, the can, and a new buffer.

Maybe we simplify the process by taking things one part at a time.

Reactions: Bluedog82
I’d suggest an H3 buffer.
A 6.5 oz buffer probably wouldn’t hurt you any.
Might even need to use an 8.5 oz buffer if port is “large” and running suppressed.
I’ve found that an 8.5 oz works great for my suppressed 6.5 Grendel.

BCG is coming back too fast, case is ejecting “late” so it hits corner of ejection port instead of case deflector.