• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressed Maxim in Ukraine.

buffalowinter

Freer of the Oppressed
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Mar 17, 2014
    Llano, TX
    Suppressed Maxim in Ukraine.

I have to admit, I was looking closely at that video thinking “kid outside Erie Pennsylvania with an airsoft…”.

Can’t be real. But the gun is… from the video. I think.

But, yes, to ArcLight’s point. Hard to believe what’s real in Ukraine… you can buy a lot of deep fakes and hero stories with a half trillion of our dollars.

Sirhr

I'm pretty sure it's real. The Uke's are using everything they can get their hands on .
    R.0cd9d130e02eab13379d91c9bb55476f

OIP.FxSEhOafwxX6e-hdVz9fvgHaEK
    OIP.ip3VseqNtkWuuKSLAqQgRAHaEK

This is the one I have questions about...

mortor.jpg

• Haha
    Reactions: ZG47A
    The twin mount with the red dot looks handy. Well, effective, if not “handy”…..

Reactions: FuhQ
    I'm pretty sure it's real. The Uke's are using everything they can get their hands on .
    R.0cd9d130e02eab13379d91c9bb55476f

OIP.FxSEhOafwxX6e-hdVz9fvgHaEK
    OIP.ip3VseqNtkWuuKSLAqQgRAHaEK

This is the one I have questions about...

mortor.jpg
    obviously that last pic is fake because i was told the only pro-russian separatists in the donbas were actually professional russian soldiers that snuck in over a period of a hundred years.

and does anyone really think that all of the guns from WW2 etc...just got thrown away or confiscated by the commies....I say a lot went into hiding!
    You visit Western Europe and everyone has machine guns hidden on their farms and in their closets.

They handed in to Allies broken caplocks, Napoleon pistols and rusty junk from ww1. The MG 42’s got oiled up and put in the attic with 5000 rounds.

Sirhr

I am intrigued by the mortar suppressor. A mortar, as portrayed in movies, appears to make a sound like a dull thump when fired. In reality, they are about the loudest, nastiest thing you can fire. When you drop the shell, the noise and muzzle blast are horrendous. It looks like the device they are using deflects the muzzle blast away from the vicinity of your head, which is only about two feet below the muzzle. After hanging the shell, and dropping, you move your hands downward along the tube to the base plate...at least that was how I was taught and how I dropped shells for the 81mm mortar.

OIP.hxHftqMbiMiWy3UsFxKTUQHaDt

Reactions: Bluedog82
    I am intrigued by the mortar suppressor. A mortar, as portrayed in movies, appears to make a sound like a dull thump when fired. In reality, they are about the loudest, nastiest thing you can fire. When you drop the shell, the noise and muzzle blast are horrendous. It looks like the device they are using deflects the muzzle blast away from the vicinity of your head, which is only about two feet below the muzzle. After hanging the shell, and dropping, you move your hands downward along the tube to the base plate...at least that was how I was taught and how I dropped shells for the 81mm mortar.

OIP.hxHftqMbiMiWy3UsFxKTUQHaDt
    Handheld mode with a charge 0 on a 60mm is pretty quiet. All things compared

Reactions: camocorvette
    The old 81mm was a nightmare, and they actually did add a cone to it to try to mitigate the blast.

old 81mm (Brit L16A2)
    soldiers-fire-an-l16a2-81mm-mortar-andrew-chittock.jpg

new 81mm
    R.35485e911916e042ffd7183a86642119
    I’ve hung rounds on the old style 81s in trashghanistan. They are a beast indeed and will rattle your teef hard. I’ve seen the 120s with that deflector fire, but didn’t hang any.