• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressed rifle overgasses?

Maelstrom

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 6, 2007
Southern Maryland
I have an LWRCI M6 SPR upper on a S&W lower running an older Gemtec G5 suppressor. My cases are ejecting at the 1 o'clock or 2 o'clock position with most being closer to 1 o'clock. I am having the occasional failure to eject as well. I am currently running an H3 buffer with the standard buffer spring. Is there anything else I can do to help with the overgassing?

Try adjusting the gas block? Or get an adjustable gas block if it doesn’t fte without the suppressor

Last edited:
Yup. You’ll need to get an adjustable gas block. I believe Gemtech also makes and adjustable BCG too that does the same thing.

The bootleg adjustable carrier is the way to go. Adjust gas block for no suppressor and light loads of 223. Then use the bootleg for suppressed and it will reliably run anything in any configuration. Run my hunting 6.5 Grendel suppressed 99% of the time and 100% reliable to date.

I’m pretty sure his gun is a piston gun so an ajustable carrier won’t work. The a1&a2 don’t have ajustable gas blocks but the a3 does so I’m guessing you have an a1 or 2. Beyond that I’m not that familiar with the gun or piston systems. Maybe you can call lwrci and get a adjustable gas block if you don’t already have one.

Go with an extra power buffer spring and if that doesn’t slow down the cycle with the H3 move up to an H4 buffer. Check out Sprinco/Tactical Springs “blue” and “red” buffer springs.

Go with an extra power buffer spring and if that doesn’t slow down the cycle with the H3 move up to an H4 buffer. Check out Sprinco/Tactical Springs “blue” and “red” buffer springs.

Thanks I will take a look today when I get off work.

I’m pretty sure his gun is a piston gun so an ajustable carrier won’t work. The a1&a2 don’t have ajustable gas blocks but the a3 does so I’m guessing you have an a1 or 2. Beyond that I’m not that familiar with the gun or piston systems. Maybe you can call lwrci and get a adjustable gas block if you don’t already have one.

It is the A2 piston gun without an adjustable gas block. I wish I had gotten the A5 upper with the adjustable gas block.

I seem to recall my old LWRC having a suppressed and unsuppressed setting. You may be able to get LWRC to retrofit it with a different block.