• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Suppressed SBR Question

sunburned

Private
Minuteman
Feb 21, 2009
Buncombe County, NC
My current SBR is a 9" 300 Blackout that is shot mostly subsonic. As the .223 SBR parts are being acquired, to be used with full power loads, the question of blowback is raised. While I prefer a smooth side upper will I be better off with a gas vent type forward assist in the long run?

Who's barrel are you going to use? I gather you are using a suppressor.?

My current SBR is a 9" 300 Blackout that is shot mostly subsonic. As the .223 SBR parts are being acquired, to be used with full power loads, the question of blowback is raised. While I prefer a smooth side upper will I be better off with a gas vent type forward assist in the long run?

I don't think you will have any problems. It should run unsuppressed and run harder suppressed with full power loads. I have seen firsthand a DD10.5 run unsuppressed with XM193.

Try to find you a LMT Enhanced **Carrier Only** and a gas buster style charging handle. That will benefit you the most without having to have a custom port drilled or use any type of adjustable gas block.

You can also drill a small hole in the charging handle right where it meets the upper receiver. My buddy did this with his and it helped surprisingly well. It not noticeable at all either.