• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressed semi auto SBS?

johnstonblake

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 1, 2010
Texas
This is an oddball question. But does anyone have any experience with suppressing short barreled semi auto shotguns? I'm wanting to get one of the new JK 195 shotgun cans. Gas operated or inertia? Any suggestions on a host? Thanks

I run a 12" M2 with a Salvo and it eats everything with no issues.

I had the ports opened up a tad to feed lighter loads but so far no issues after 3k rounds.

Reactions: southernpew
I run a 12" M2 with a Salvo and it eats everything with no issues.

I had the ports opened up a tad to feed lighter loads but so far no issues after 3k rounds.
Awesome thanks. Did you just get thin wall chokes installed? I was worried about that being strong enough.

Yeah, I had to get a thin walled choke threaded.

I believe it was the Mossburg type choke.

Thanks. On the gas port that you opened up, are you talking about the one just forward of the chamber?
Yup I believe so but I can check which on to verify but I'm pretty sure it's the chamber port.

Last edited:
CORRECTION: So nothing was done to the ports and gas since the M2 is an inertia gun.

I confused it with my M4.

Sorry guys!

CORRECTION: So nothing was done to the ports and gas since the M2 is an inertia gun.

I confused it with my M4.

Sorry guys!
Gotcha. The only thing I'm concerned about is cycling the light subsonic shells with the m2. I'm probably going to go with 14", and the new JK shotgun can. Have you tried those lightweight federal top gun subsonic shells in your m2 SBS setup?