• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Suppressed Sig P6

simmy952

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 21, 2009
OH
This is my first suppressed weapon. I found a nice P6 for a good price. The previous owner sent it to the Sig shop for some work on the trigger because it is the smoothest trigger that I have felt on a P6. The NS were on when I picked it up. I stippled the grip and added a Custom Creations short trigger. Did some searching around and could not find a threaded barrel for the P6. A web search found Total Automation that fits a P226 into a P6 and threaded it. Looks pretty good. Just waiting for the paperwork to clear.

MP45c016.jpg

MP45c017.jpg

Re: Suppressed Sig P6

Nothing better then a suppressed Sig!

I have a P220 Combat that is threaded. I really love that rig with the Osprey 45.
smile.gif

Keep us updated on how this works. I've got a couple P6's and I'd like to suppress one of of them. Sig 9mms seem to suppress better than about any other 9mm, especially with a Trident. But all the tests I've seen are done on P228s. Never on a P225/P6.

What did the threaded barrel set you back? And does the P6 run with it? My P6 won't shoot anything but ball or Pow'R'ball. Haven't done the feedramp mod on it yet. Hard to sink much money into a $250 pistol.

What kinda can you waiting on? I'm looking into a Liberty Mystic takedown Ti/SS multipurpose can. It'll run 9mm, 22LR, 5.7, and low volume 5.56.

-David
Edgewood, NM

It is a P226 barrel so that it should feed about anything. The barrel was $68 and $75 for the threading and fitting from Total Automation. I can use a $300 pistol and put a few $$ into it rather than start with a $800 and have to buy goodies for it. The suppressor is going to be a Silencerco.

Will keep the thread updated.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nw1911guy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This is cool. So what is the difference between a P225 and a P6? </div></div>

P6 is the military/police designation (P5 Walther, P7 HK, etc.). Take a look at the hammer. See the little channel at the back? There are two stories concerning it. One has to do with a tie-down to secure a loaded pistol that could be easily broken as proof that it was used. Apparently, pistols were in patrol cars in West Germany at one point, but not on the person of police officers. Another story has to do with it being a mishandling/dropping indicator, as it would easily bend in under pressure.

Thanks for the informative post Veer, that's pretty interesting. I can imagine that it is probably not very comforting to an LEO who finds himself in a bad situation to know that his pistol is safely back in the patrol car.

Likely going to use a Silencerco Osprey. Was going to use the 45 can so that I can use it for multiple calibers but I am not sure yet. Anyone use a can for multiple hosts?

I finally got the barrel for my P6
for use with my EVO-9 can.
There was a lot more blowback than
when using my Glock as a host.
(powder residue hitting me in the face)
I've talked to another guy that said
the same thing happened with his P226.
I went back to the Glock as a host.
I'll hang on the the barrel anyway.
smile.gif