• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Suppressing 12" LMT piston gun with AAC 762SDN6?

Double-edged

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 5, 2002
Anyone put an AAC 762SDN6 on a 12" LMT piston gun? The piston looks like it sticks out far enough to crowd the suppressor once it's mounted up or might not even allow it to mount. Not sure but that's just how it looks by eyeballing it. Before I commit to buy the LMT, I need to find this out.

Re: Suppressing 12" LMT piston gun with AAC 762SDN6?

I run a Surefire 556 can on mine with no problem. I have a 762-sd that I could check also for fit. the n6 mounts the same as the 762sd,,,

If you could check, I would greatly appreciate it. Love the 12" LMT but I'm probably not going to get it unless I can suppress it with the AAC.

the O.D. of the AAC mount is quite a bit larger then the Surefire mount. I believe it will interfere with the op rod/piston when your trying to remove it. I have a 1/2x28 mount coming that I'll actually try, but just removing the rod with the SF is tight

Depending on how often you guys pull the LMT piston assembly out, it still might be worth it even if it's in the way? I nearly never mess with the LWRC assembly, so I could see myself pulling the AAC mount once in a blue moon in order to service the LMT piston if I were in your position. Especially if it was just a blackout and not an indexed brake. Just have to keep a few bottles of rockset around, but I've never had any trouble removing mounts when needed. Might be an option.

if you go the flashider mount your going to get the tuning fork effect, fucking annoying. The combo/flashider/break mount is the way to go IMHO once its timed, just save the shims when cleaning or servicing the upper . believe me, it gets dirty as hell when you run it suppressed fulltime. I run mine on a M-16 lower and it works well

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tom Olson</div><div class="ubbcode-body">if you go the flashider mount your going to get the tuning fork effect, fucking annoying. The combo/flashider/break mount is the way to go IMHO once its timed, just save the shims when cleaning or servicing the upper . believe me, it gets dirty as hell when you run it suppressed fulltime. I run mine on a M-16 lower and it works well </div></div>

Well, the upper receiver, BCG, etc get grubby, for sure. Mine are suppressed full time, too, but it doesn't translate into needing to clean or service the actual piston assembly. That holds true for the LMT, as well, doesn't it? I've not gotten to handle one, so I don't know. Seems likely to me that he could use and clean his upper for months at a time or longer without having to pull his muzzle device (assuming it would conflict with the LMT piston removal) and "clean" the piston? I've never had a problem with the tuning fork thing - it sounds worse on videos because the camera speaker picks it up so well. The only time I really noticed it was when I spun a Vortex onto a Remington 700 - THAT sucker rang like the liberty bell. AAC mounts just haven't been all that noticeable on my rifles. On a 12 incher, a brake or brakeout would help protect your blast baffle a bit, though..

It would be suppressed all the time but I'm no longer a high-volume shooter so it wouldn't be something that I was cleaning all the time. My primary concern is how far back the can goes over the barrel, if at all. The more I look, the more it looks like there would be plenty of clearance but I'm just looking for anyone who has actually ran one set up like this to be sure.

it will fit fine, I dummied mine up this morning and there's plenty of clearance

With my LMT 12" the AAC mount does get in the way of the piston plug. but if I remove the barrel when I clean the gun if I remove the barrel then I can get the plug out with just a little bit of effort, less so than removing the FH. Although I have not cleaned this rifle in the last few times that I have shot it, maybe 800 rounds.

My M4-2000/8 and my 762SD both mount just fine on the end of the barrel.

Thanks, Doc. You guys have made me a happy camper. Had not gotten into any NFA stuff because my job has had me moving from state to state every 2-3 years while doing a huge amount of travel, besides, but I've now settled down I'm getting several items that I've been wanting and an LMT SBR has been one and a can for multiple uses has been another.