• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressing an M1A SOCOM 16 - Looking for feedback

Hollywood 6mm

Old Salt
Minuteman
Dec 9, 2013
Flori-duh.
I recently inherited an M1A SOCOM, and plan to run my existing AAC SDN-6 can on it. I've been looking at both the SEI and Delta P gas locks to get the 5/8x24 threads I need, but I have a few concerns/questions:

1) It looks like the SEI may be too short to clear the gas plug with a 51t mount. Has anyone run into issues with this, or a similar mount? The Delta P looks like it will clear no problem (and doesn't require a new front sight like the SEI does), but it's kinda ugly - and significantly more expensive.
2) Would the SEI SOCOM gas plug (which they state is better for suppressed) be all I need, or is an adjustable gas plug really needed?
3) Are there any other issues/concerns that I am missing when it comes to suppressing a SOCOM?

I used both, SEI first and had some issues, swapped it with a Delta p and it worked fine.