• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Suppressing an N6

3O8Junkie

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 28, 2011
The Great NW
So I am new to this whole thing really. I am still waiting for my replacement (non blemished) Noveske N6 to arrive in the mail. I have my scope and other goodies but it was brought to my attention that with the right forms and lack of criminal history a fellow in my state might just be able to legally purchase a suppressor, (already doable) and with the current legislation (that is looking like it will pass) he might just be able to actually utilize it!! With that being said I am wondering what you guys might know about suppressing my N6. Noveske makes a Switchblock for the 5.56 and the 6.8 but nothing for the N6. I am wondering if it is needed or what the options are? If I understand it correctly just throwing a suppressor on and firing can/will possibly harm the rifle? I am sure these questions have been asked and answered a million times here but I was unable to find the info through the search feature so I thought I would just start a new thread. Thanks for the help!

Re: Suppressing an N6

Attaching a suppressor to a N6 or any gas gun for that matter will increase the gas pressure. The increased pressure will cause to bolt to cycle faster and more violently. You may experience feeding issues where the round did not have enough time to come up in the mag due to the increased bolt speed. You will probably also feel the buffer bottom out in the stock during recoil.

You can get a heavier buffer from http://www.heavybuffers.com/ar10carbine.html which will add mass to the bolt / carrier / buffer / spring system which increase lock time slightly and can help some. It is more of a bandaid than a fix but it will help.

By attaching a suppressor to a gas gun there are some drawbacks but also some benfits as well.

Most guns that run a suppressor well are ported for the increased pressure or as you have found out have adjustable gas systems to taylor the amount of gas for the type of ammo you are shooting, meaning supersonic or subsonic and if you have a can attached or not.

Barney nailed it. I have a 21" N6 on my Armalite and run a AAC Cyclone. Problem no aftermarket adjustable gas blocks for the barrels bastard diameter but I did hear there is a guy that will make you one any size you want, problem is I can't locate info yet. I went with Tubb's spring and carrier weight system and using tungsten SG shot in buffer it works but like Barney say's "bandaid". In my rifle cycle was so fast carrier over ran ability of mag to keep up agian like Braney stated.

Thanks Barney and Mark! I had read about the unreliable cycling but was not aware I would want a heavier buffer. I might have to look into the "bandaid" fix and pray that Noveske (or Mark finds his guys info) starts pushing out some 7.62 switch-blocks. I emailed them yesterday asking about the future availability of the switch-block in a 7.62. I will have an answer in a few days I think.

Just got an email from Todd at Noveske in response to my question about a 7.62 switchblock. They are in testing and he is not sure if or when they will come to market. Pretty standard response it seems. O well a guy can dream...

Thanks a TON for this info guys! I was 99-3/4% committed to the N6, but I think I'll get the REPR after reading this.

I wouldn't let that stop you from going Noveske. There are gas blocks available just not from Noveske themselves. Ohio just threw a link to one and there are others. The N6 is a sweet rifle and it can easily be suppressed it just takes a few bucks. To be honest it would still be cheaper to buy the Noveske and an aftermarket ADJ gas block than buying the REPR but thats just me. They are also 2 different beasts altogether gas vs piston.

Thanks for the link Ohio I will be looking into those for sure! I appreciate the help.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ohiogunnut</div><div class="ubbcode-body">http://www.teppojutsu.com/

They will make you a good adjustable block in multiple I.D. sizes... </div></div>

Thanks, just what I needed.

Maybe I'm one of the lucky ones (actually one of two I know of) - I've got an N6 and just stuck a 7.62SD on it and have never had one issue.....

Granted, I haven't put thousands of rounds through it yet, but of the hundreds I have, I haven't had one issue other than it's quiet.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: inspcalahan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Maybe I'm one of the lucky ones (actually one of two I know of) - I've got an N6 and just stuck a 7.62SD on it and have never had one issue.....

Granted, I haven't put thousands of rounds through it yet, but of the hundreds I have, I haven't had one issue other than it's quiet. </div></div>

The only issue I had in regards to function was bolt over run with older Gen 1 Armalite mags when I swithched to new gen it ran 100%. I felt the rifle was beating itself up more than necessary so took various measures to mitigate but I know an adjustable gas block is the correct fix so going that path.

I got a N6 and ran it with a SWR can this weekend dirty ....ran 50 rounds thru with no problems...try it first with your can before you freak out.

I run a GAP SASS with a Gemtech HVT and never had an issue with running it suppressed. It will make everything really dirty to include the brass but that is the way it goes.

I think the plan is going to be just what was suggested. Throw on the suppressor and see what happens and deal with it from there.

a common malfunction is when the bolt extractor looses the round during extraction then loads another round from the mag and causes the jam with the spent round stovepiping...did anyone try adding a D-fender or double up the oring in the extractor so it wouldnt loose the round?