• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Suppressor adapter compatibility?

BWYoda

Private
Minuteman
Apr 12, 2009
NC/Baghdad
Hoping someone can help me out here! I'll apologize in advance if this has been beaten to death already. I have a surefire adapter on my rifle but am not hearing good things about the surefire suppressors themselves. Will the adapter accommodate any other brand and if so which would you guys recommend? Is what I have heard about the SF suppressors being second rate wrong?

Re: Suppressor adapter compatibility?

probably wrong..

What'd you hear and from what source? I'd say in the price category they're 2nd but 1st in all else....

MO,,,,

I think you might want to hear a surefire suppressor instead of what you hear on the internet. I have used the surefire suppressors and thought they worked great. The Marine Corps is using the .308 can on all the new M40A5's.

Chuck

True Chuck. I just wanted some confirmation or otherwise about their quality. Unfortunately I don't know anyone who owns one.

I have three of them 556K, 762SS and a 338 model. They are all super light and super quiet. Now Im sure you will hear folks say this or that. When it comes down to it you are comparing a BMW to to a Lexus to a Cadillac. They are all nice just depends what exactly you're looking for.

As for the muzzle brakes themselves, they are awesome at dissipating the felt recoil. I switched from a FTE to a surefire on my 338 and the change was indeed noticeable.

Might not look like much but it is a great brake /can combo (or by itself).

Just my opinion. Hope it helps.